• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

China in COVID lockdown, gonna be another one of those years....

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
Oh boy, I just saw on the news that China is in a COVID lockdown. Streets are empty, stores not open and people can't even get supplies or groceries. The ports are not moving containers onto ships, and you know what that means for the global supply and prices on product again......

I may never get to see that 2023 SRX I have ordered, good lord is it ever going to get back to normal? Can COVID be that bad in China again WTF? I thought this COVID was subsiding and getting better now China goes into a complete and utter lockdown.

Does make you wonder if there’s is more to this Pandemic than the general population is aware.

Does make you wonder if there’s is more to this Pandemic than the general population is aware.
I often wonder the same too... I never know what to believe. Grocery store shelves here are half empty. Bidding wars on every house that goes for sale. WTF is going on.

good, I hope their economy collapses and they go back into the Stone Age for what they unleashed on the world. hopefully it wakes up our government to the dangers of off shoring most of our manufacturing.Hunter will have to standby for his next paycheck from China until this wave of Covid goes by. whole thing is corrupt.Mike, it's not like you to bring up anything but more horsepower..thanks for starting this discussion!!

good, I hope their economy collapses and they go back into the Stone Age for what they unleashed on the world. hopefully it wakes up our government to the dangers of off shoring most of our manufacturing.Hunter will have to standby for his next paycheck from China until this wave of Covid goes by. whole thing is corrupt.Mike, it's not like you to bring up anything but more horsepower..thanks for starting this discussion!!

Well I have a SRX on order that is supposed to show up. Not too sure about that now. I know half the Winder has parts on it from China. Lets face it, half of the worlds parts and electronics is produced in China. We know where this is going if they stay in lockdown too long.

I often wonder the same too... I never know what to believe. Grocery store shelves here are half empty. Bidding wars on every house that goes for sale. WTF is going on.
dont worry, there is probably going to be a housing correction next year along with a protracted recession...in other words, if you have cash and good credit next year will be the time to buy that second house or whatever you have your heart set on getting.

They need to let it go and move on..

I was really surprised to see it on the world news tonight. Can't believe China shut things down knowing what it does to the global economy and the already sad state of affairs the world is in with regards to trade & supply.

Well I have a SRX on order that is supposed to show up. Not too sure about that now. I know half the Winder has parts on it from China. Lets face it, half of the worlds parts and electronics is produced in China. We know where this is going if they stay in lockdown too long.
agree with that totally. the other half of electronics comes from Korea and Taiwan. Taiwan is going to be China's Ukraine...I hope not but if it does happen the computer chip producing is drastically going to drop off.

Wondering if Stain ever got his 2022, oh I think he took a pass and ordered a 2023 like you did. this next strain of covid is supposed to be less deadly, that's a good thing.

Oh boy, I just saw on the news that China is in a COVID lockdown. Streets are empty, stores not open and people can't even get supplies or groceries. The ports are not moving containers onto ships, and you know what that means for the global supply and prices on product again......

I may never get to see that 2023 SRX I have ordered, good lord is it ever going to get back to normal? Can COVID be that bad in China again WTF? I thought this COVID was subsiding and getting better now China goes into a complete and utter lockdown.
For my business 21 was worse than 20 for getting product on time due to the transport issues .
Already I am getting one month delays for next fall deliveries and this is probably only the beginning of the delays , from component shortages/delays.
Just got my sorry but not really that sorry that you aren't getting a spring order sled AGAIN this year email from Yamaha about my 23 SRX .

The media makes it worse.... They thrive on fear and love to create drama.
seeing quadcopters telling their population to go back inside isn't what I would call drama.
China blew it on the vaccine front though, theirs local vaccine is much less effective than Moderna or Phizer and they are paying for it.

Tons of people are going to die in the next year or so, don't even get started on the coming food crisis's coming to the middle east and tropical nations.

agree with that totally. the other half of electronics comes from Korea and Taiwan. Taiwan is going to be China's Ukraine...I hope not but if it does happen the computer chip producing is drastically going to drop off.
TSMC has it's foundries in Taiwan and China, Global Foundries has its latest fabs in Singapore, Germany, and the US (New York and Vermont). Those are the two biggest manufacturers of wafers. Outside of SK Hynix (memory) and what Samsung makes for its own use, there is little in Korea, there is far more in the US in fact, and Ireland than in Korea.

Its not the fab plants, the problem is with the source materials, the cheapest sources for raw materials are in China and all have to be moved by boat.

Back