• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Groove ???

ROCKRTX

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Than 8dn drive belt is hard,i just remove my drive belt and saw the groove on the bottom of the clutch were the drive belt sit at idle.maybe thinking of changing the drive belt with a carlise X 805.

Do you guy's have the same groove problem and what do you do with the groove?

same here....been this way for many years with yammies.

softer belts might work better for drags but doubt you will get the same LIFE out of them....8DN for trails lasts along time.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:

softer belts might work better for drags but doubt you will get the same LIFE out of them....8DN for trails lasts along time.

Dan

Dan, did you try the carlise x 805 ?

Three apexes in the group and all had the same problem. I addressed the situation while the sleds were still under warranty and Yamaha replaced the clutch sheaves. We have switched to the new Carlilse belts. Many people have different oppinions on it but there is a some perfomance to be gained, and as for the life of belts, I had always purchased a new 8dn every season anyway and I will always carry an 8dn as a spare just in case. If your sled is out of warranty I don't know what options you have other than ride it until you feel a performance difference and replace the sheaves.

gotta-b-blue said:
Three apexes in the group and all had the same problem. I addressed the situation while the sleds were still under warranty and Yamaha replaced the clutch sheaves. We have switched to the new Carlilse belts. Many people have different oppinions on it but there is a some perfomance to be gained, and as for the life of belts, I had always purchased a new 8dn every season anyway and I will always carry an 8dn as a spare just in case. If your sled is out of warranty I don't know what options you have other than ride it until you feel a performance difference and replace the sheaves.

Did you have to readjust your weight?
Does the carlise drive belt pull down your RPM?

I havent tried the carlisle yet,but might.....too bad its not cheap!.....makes the 8dn a better deal....they are near 100 bucks for carlisle up here.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:

Dan

I have to disagree. The harder belt slips, and what slips BURNS. I've burned more of those belts getting unstuck than I remember. I'll never touch one again.

Yes, the Carlilse does pull down the rpms so you need to compensate. The great thing about these sleds is that the couple hundred rpms that you lose you hardly notice 90 percent of the time

Back