• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Lube

from the drawing above it seems like the only place you lubricate is on the flyweight ramps...

sj said:
from the drawing above it seems like the only place you lubricate is on the flyweight ramps...

True, but if you use it there it will work into the bushings too.

Oh lord... another thing to worry about on my new to me sled. I doubt if your carefull that silicone spray, or any dry lube will hurt anything. I have never liked graphite lube, but any of the transparent dry lube's with ptfe should be ok if applied daily.

I use to use some stuff called Comet clutch lube on my sleds until the spray can finally died a year ago. This stuff would bond to the metal when it dried and you really couldn't rub it off. If you got it on your hands it would take days for it to wear off if you didn't get it off immediately. I need to see if I can still buy the stuff since my can was probably 10+ years old.

Back