• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch setup

Philippe

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha nytro xtx 2013
Hi guys what are the best setup/mods to the clutch for my 2014 xtx nytro that do mostly trails ?

talk to nospro or shagman at thunder products as they make clutch kits specific to what you want to do with the sled. be honest with them. ulmer racing is another good one too.

Do a search, there’s enough clutching info here to keep you reading for six months.

Hi guys what are the best setup/mods to the clutch for my 2014 xtx nytro that do mostly trails ?

I highly recommend the Schmidt Brothers primary Quiet Clutch and spring to start. They also have two proven secondary kits depending how far you want to go. I liked that the primary first step a eliminates the high rpm engagement and then their secondary kits compete head to head with all of them. Chris will machine your plates as well, he has a pretty dialed in solution, good guy too.

Do some searching - there are many flavors of simple component level improvements but biggest improvement will be a full setup. I run a full Thunder Products kit and am very happy with it - lots of adjustability and it was setup near perfect out of the box. They're very knowledgeable and pick up the phone when you call ;)!

Hurricane kits work amazing, Dave will always help with any tuning questions you may have whether your sled is stock or tuned. Not far from you over in Ontario either.

Hurricane kits work amazing, Dave will always help with any tuning questions you may have whether your sled is stock or tuned. Not far from you over in Ontario either.
Good, ill contact him. Do you have a kit from them and what are the main differences compare to stock... Engagement rpm and top speed ?

My sled was his original test sled for the kit. I'm like you, mostly trail ride and it's also an XTX. I don't know if you have done any other mods to your sled but mine has his entire "package" (non turbo) which includes clutching. This thing pulls like a freight train on the trails and is much faster on the lake. I've ridden with stock nytros in the past with just his clutching and the owners where very impressed with how they worked as well. Just make sure you tell Dave exactly what you have done if anything to your sled to ensure the proper setup requirements.

Correct me if I'm wrong but yours too has a 1.75" track so make sure you let him know about that as well. Mine is 1.25 studded.

Do some searching - there are many flavors of simple component level improvements but biggest improvement will be a full setup. I run a full Thunder Products kit and am very happy with it - lots of adjustability and it was setup near perfect out of the box. They're very knowledgeable and pick up the phone when you call ;)!
Which skidoo scratchers did you go with, any pics? Need to replace my cable scratcher, never works like the skidoo versions.

I forget the P/N at the moment but you should be able to narrow it down from the pictures below, please ignore the messy shop... Overall I've been happy with these, though I did break off one of the tips on the holder riding off trail. I put a zip tie around the skid rail and ran it like that for the rest of the year. I think I'll

These are a bit more expensive than scratchers I've ran in the past but they seem to work well. I liked my last set of footboard ones as they throw a lot of snow way up front on the skid which is great. I did have to add some thin rubber sheets to dampen the vibration on the footboards, but had to go a different route with the WRP inserts I installed last year and you can't back up with them... I didn't have good luck with the cable scratchers. Seems like they don't provide enough down pressure bite and I broke the end off one in less than 100 miles...

Skid 1.jpg
Skid 2.jpg

Which skidoo scratchers did you go with, any pics? Need to replace my cable scratcher, never works like the skidoo versions.

Back