• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attak Squealing at idle. Clutch? (Video)

Ryanmlt1 had the exact same sound, I changed the belt and it was gone,
Do you have another belt to see if the noise is still there? If not loosen the belt (yes washers),

No I don't have another belt. I will remove the washers. If it comes back I will just get a new belt and start from there.
Thank you everyone! I overreacted a little. Its my new baby and I really don't know her history. So when a strange noise appears on my first ride I got concerned.

Ryanmlt1 - A New belt will squeal more than a used belt. And it's normal on the 4 strokes.

Want to fix it, here's how to:
- Take the belt off
- Remove the secondary
- Remove the 3 small bolts at the inside of the secondary
- Remove the washers
- Install the 3 bolts and secondary
- store the washers you will need them when the belt wear Down

With the washers removed the belt will ride lower in the secondary making it ride a tiny bit higher in the primary and the squeal is gone. As I said :)

Had the same problem. I put on a new belt and it squealed.just take the washers out, that IS the adjustment.you will be fine. You are hearing it in the primary because that is where it's rubbing. :Rockon:

As long as it does not take off and leave you don't worry about it but yes djusting the secondary will fix it.

X2 what Icebreaker says... deffinatley cluth-belt squeal. Did you put a new belt on? If you have a old belt change an see if the noise goes away.

Sasquatch - a slightly Shorter belt results in higher top speed as long as you run an aftermarket helix cut for overdrive, clutch ratio With Stock helix is 0.97:1 With a cut helix it's 0.93:1

Usually after a new belt has been installed if you dont adjust the height of the belt in the secondary it will squeal like that. I just ignore it and it goes away after some riding.

Back