• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 85 - Oil Pressure switch

BombaPolaYama

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have a code 85 showing on my Venture Lite. It came on first and then went away after being parked o'nite but now it seems to be back to stay. I checked the usual culprit with it being unplugged and that is okay, and the wiring that I can see seems okay so I'm suspecting that the switch itself is malfunctioning. How difficult is that switch to remove? And in the meantime is there anyway to easily verify whether or not the oil pump is still working? Would it still show code 30 if the oil pressure is low? And what are your thoughts on using it with the code 85 present? Thanks, and if not the switch any idea where to go from there?

All I can suggest is check the oil pressure with a gauge or just replace the switch and see if it fixes it. Try to look in the tank for oil moving which would indicate the pump is working.

I found the PN for the switch is 8FP-82504-00-00 ... still haven't found any tips to replace it. Hoping I don't have to pull the primary clutch.

Can't be that difficult. Unplug, screw out the old, screw in the new, plug it back in.

Back