• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Considering an Apex or Nytro, couple questions

nytro is more like riding a quad..like sit on...apex is sit in..

my take is taller/bigger guys seem to like the apex more (unless stand up, jump or break trail mostly)
and shorter/thinner like the nytro (unless high miles of groomed trail with long straights)

I am going through the pros and cons of trading in my 2006 Apex GT with a zx2 on a 2010 nytro xtx. If I keep the Apex I'm stretching it to 136" this year. The Apex with the zx2 is pretty tough, but off trail it is still a boat anchor (but I still have the stock ripsaw on it). The flip side is it simply cranks on the trails, even if they are whooped out badly. I can even jump the Apex with that skid and not worry about hurting it.

I find it really hard to steer the Apex in deep snow. That is my biggest complaint. Other than that, I have it set up pretty good now (skis, scratchers,rear cooler etc.) and it has 5000 miles on it so it should last a while longer. We do some long trips in northern NB, but we ditch bang along the way - or at least I try and you can hit a lot of fresh snow.

Not to beat this topic to death, but would be interested in thoughts. Will I notice a big improvement from an Apex with a zx2? I figure it will cost me about $6,000 canadian to upgrade.

So how you like the APEX with the ZX2? I just sold my M10 and put a ZX2 on my 06 APEX looking forward to trying it which should be this weekend. We just got dumped on and sounds like getting more on Wednesday.

Love the zx2. Don't worry about breaking anything. I found that the stocker transfers weight a little better though and I have more ski lift in the corners. This is probably due to the fact that the zx2 jacks the back of the Apex up about 1 1/2 inches. All and all a great though!

That was one of the problems with the M10 is if you cranked it up for jumping and heavy moguls you had 0 weight transfer. If you wanted weight transfer you'd have to lighten up the suspesion and you bottom out on the jumps. I hear the ZX2 has seperate settings for weight transfer so you don't have to sacrifice ride. I don't want ski lift in the corners anyway so the ZX2 should keep the skis more on the ground when hot trail riding right?

Yep - an all around good skid. You'll love it!

Great to hear thanks. The APEX is pretty heavy as you know and with jumping it, pretty hard on equipment, the main load bearing points/bars on the M10 had to be replaced with new as they were all bent when I took it off. Hopefully the ZX2 is more robust and can handle the beating.

Update: Well the dealer I was talking to was kind of a douche and didnt want to deal at all so I ended up getting a 2011 RS Vector from a different dealer. We got like 4 inches of snow last night so I took it out for a quick spin through the subdivision. Man does that sucker fly. Can't wait till the weekend, we are supposed to get 6-10 on Saturday :Rockon:

mcernik said:
Update: Well the dealer I was talking to was kind of a douche and didnt want to deal at all so I ended up getting a 2011 RS Vector from a different dealer. We got like 4 inches of snow last night so I took it out for a quick spin through the subdivision. Man does that sucker fly. Can't wait till the weekend, we are supposed to get 6-10 on Saturday :Rockon:
HA!!!

When you can't decide between the Apex and Nytro... GET A VECTOR!! :tg:

Have fun with that Vec this year. ;)!

Back