• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

converting an 05 vector into a nytro?

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
Imy pretty sure it can be done, risers, handgaurd, i would go wiht ohlins not floats, the only thing i wonder about is the seat? What do u guys think?

I was thinking the same thing. It looked to me like the seat fits and somebody who was at the show asked a rep and he said in fact it would fit. I like the floats though because of the weight savings. I figure they are now well proven because Yamaha is offering these on quite a number of sleds.

I tried the skidoo gauntlets and I like them better than the handguards.

ive heard flaots need a rebuild every 2500 miles is that true?

number1kyster said:
ive heard flaots need a rebuild every 2500 miles is that true?

I dunno, good question. I would venture a guess that they last longer than that otherwise Yamaha would not go OEM with them.
Then again, they said that about the widely used Kyaba aluminum body coilovers. But they were still great after 5K miles.

yep

That was my thoughts too, go the risers and handgaurds just need the seat, which looks like it will fit, oh yeah and the float shocks

Ooooohhh just watched the videos. The Floaters look very compliant which is great. Worst case, you would need a bigger anti roll bar because they are very progressive, but that is pretty cheap.

what?

what windshield, the stock 05 my handgaurds with 2 inch risers hit when I make extreme turns at low speed. but at trail speed they will never hit. With a lower windshield they would not hit at all.

Why didn't they put that sweet new guage pod on all of them??? You just know it will be standard in MY07. I think the new sleds look totaly killer. I'm gonna be lookin' in to early ordering on ereal soon. I just can't decide if I'm willing to spend ten g's on the Apex ER. I really like the Nytro if I cheap out or even the Vector GT. I think Yammy has really out did themselves. Kudo's.

what riser would you go with if you were going to do it? Cause my buddy put a 4" riser and the choke cable is TOOO short will pull out ..I think there is an adjustable riser with a tilt mechanism out there tho..

Rage2005Yamaha said:
what riser would you go with if you were going to do it? Cause my buddy put a 4" riser and the choke cable is TOOO short will pull out ..I think there is an adjustable riser with a tilt mechanism out there tho..

I have a 1&1/2 inch I got from board vendor BluByU and that is about as far as you can go without redoing all the cables. I'll either add foam to my stock seat like WelterRacer did or get a Boss seat.

riser

I got a sportech 2 inch riser and I did not need any new cables. I also moved my bars forward. 2 inches seemed like a huge difference. It is perfect for standing and I am 6'2.

The nytro also has revamped clutch and gearing for more off the line. IMO the nytro is pretty sweet...I'd put a 136 on it though. Oh well, my rage is narly, so i don't need another sled.

Jordan

My Rage is great off the line I beat a zr900 last week on hard pack up till 90-95 before he caught me..by then I had crossed the finish line! Getting faster with the more miles I put on it!!

Back