• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Couple fast questions

When I first got my RTX it was killing me! the same thing, First the shocks and suspension needs some miles to break in. What i did was to set the clickers at full soft and work my way up. every one is different but i ended up with the floats at 50 psi, font strap up 1 hole, center spring at o preload, and center and rear clickers at 5-6 out for comp and 6-7 rebound rear spring hard. now the thing ROCKS!!!! it still is a little stiff in the stutters, The other thing i think is driving style, i quit riding it like a snowmobile and started riding it like a dirt bike. stand up use the throttle and weight transfer like you would use a clutch to carry the front over bumps and holes. good luck

My only big problem is the bucking and pushing threw the corners. Tighten the front strap and tun up the rebound should get take care of it correct?

2008 Nytro RTX said:
My only big problem is the bucking and pushing threw the corners. Tighten the front strap and tun up the rebound should get take care of it correct?

You need to slow down the rebound!!!! You don't need the suspension returning or topping back out so fast. If you slow it way down, your suspension will return slower reducing that bucking and swapping, but it will be out enough to absorb the next bump!

Slowing the rebound down will slow down the kick-back on the rear shock. You don't want to slow it down too much because you need the shock to extend to prepare for the next bump.

I have my rebound settings on both rear shocks at full soft to prepare for the next hit, and full hard on the compression, otherwise, I'd be bottoming out too much. For me, there was no way possible to set up the rear suspension to be suitable for comfort and big bumps without doing so, and after many tests, I found the harder this sled is ridden, the better my suspension settings worked.

outy222 said:
anyone no what the big round diles do on top of the rear shock & rebound????

The big round dials are the rebound!

Don't slow it down too much! You need to find a happy medium were it's slow enough to not buck, but it's quick enough to be ready for the next bump. Nytromaniac, this doesn't apply to you! LOL! Your style of riding and where you ride is a lot different than trail riding!!!

Huh dont i feel stupid i thought the front one was the shock & the back one was the rebound.. I probably have mine all screwd up & i was'nt even complaining :o|

by the way turning them clockwise increases rebound or slows? I have straighten mine out now thanks.

ps i lost my manul so im not sure on the screwdriver clickers & the diles on top. ;)!

Back