• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cover options for an 06 Nytro

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
I'm looking for after-market options for a cover for an 06 Nytro. I find the stock cover very hard to put on and I just tore mine trying to pull it over the nose of the sled

Bradford

I have never heard of this. I haven't put mine on for a while but I'm pretty sure you would be much better off putting the front on first then pulling it over the back. They have to fit tight if you use them for trailering.

Maybe it's because I have a small riser on the bars and a tall windy but if I put the front on first, I cant get it over the bars. I put it over the bars, then pull it over the front then over the back

I've got the stock cover (with the wings that go over the A-arms), a 7 inch riser and stock windshield. I put it on the handlebars first (springy panel), pull the sides down, then I have no trouble pulling the cover over the nose. If the sides aren't down, forget trying to get it over the nose.

7 skulls said:
I've got the stock cover (with the wings that go over the A-arms), a 7 inch riser and stock windshield. I put it on the handlebars first (springy panel), pull the sides down, then I have no trouble pulling the cover over the nose. If the sides aren't down, forget trying to get it over the nose.
Yep, I do the same but it's never gone on that easy. It actually seems harder to put on this year and it rips very easily. I'm thinking it may be starting to rot.

brenpire said:
I got a cover from Royal Distruting. $130. Fits perfect. I think this is the product number 013-0413 - Heavy Duty Delux cover
http://www.royaldistributing.com/main/i ... Number=276

How is it for towing, does it flap around much? Also, how does it fit over the back? My sled is stretched so it would need to fit over the rear of the seat, not the bumper and snow flap

I have covered trailer, so I don't know how it is for towing. It looks like it would trailer well. The front of the cover goes over the skis. No wind could get under the cover and cause a problem. the back fits nicely over the back of the seat. There are 2 clips. One goes under the middle of the sled and one clips at the back. I clip mine under the flap. Considering your is stretched I would guess you could clip it under the sled. same way the first clip works. The cover does fit well.

The cover is a strog nylon with felt/soft backing for the hood area. Works great.

Royal Distributing has a decent return policy as well.

Thanks bren, might be worth looking at. It's about $100 less than the stock too. For trailering, I always pull a bungee over the hood to keep the cover from flapping

Bradford said:
Maybe it's because I have a small riser on the bars and a tall windy but if I put the front on first, I cant get it over the bars. I put it over the bars, then pull it over the front then over the back

I have the same problem, my stock cover does not fit well with my riser. So it is not just how you put it on.

I ordered an after market one that a local supplier had access to. Should be in tomorrow

Back