• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Damn you COVID! -- Trailer prices

Listed my trailer Thursday night and sold it this morning. Put a price that I thought was high on it. I guess I wasn’t high enough. Still have another one to sell. Guess I’ll go higher.

I followed up with the sales guy I left a deposit with Tuesday because by Friday I hadn't received the confirmation email and receipt for payment. He apologized and asked me for my name again. After a few minutes of him rustling through paperwork (I could hear it) he said oh yah it's here. He said sorry he had 30 sales orders this week and hadn't gotten the chance to send out my confirmation! One guy, one week, 30 sales! Not all sled trailers but still. Wow!

There’s nothing in stock so if you need a trailer you need to order get in line. Unfortunately the dealer has no idea when your trailer will ship but imo if you know you need a snowmobile trailer might as well order ASAP and hope for the best. Same thing is going on with appliances, refrigerators , stoves, washers, dryers , dishwashers. You put in your order and wait. We just bought a new washer and dryer took 8 weeks but showed up right on schedule. Trailer biz can’t seem to get reliable ship dates just drags on and on and nothing the dealer can do. Wood is crazy expensive now seems like the wood is available but the processing is all messed up especially plywood.

Last edited:
Listed my trailer Thursday night and sold it this morning. Put a price that I thought was high on it. I guess I wasn’t high enough. Still have another one to sell. Guess I’ll go higher.
TakeMyMoney.JPG

I am tempted to put my trailer up for sale when I get it at a inflated price. If someone buys it, order another....

I am tempted to put my trailer up for sale when I get it at a inflated price. If someone buys it, order another....
Be aware you’re probably less than 50-50 that your trailer will ship at all. Dealers don’t know because OEMs don’t know flow of materials. Triton hasn’t shipped hybrids in 6 months. It depends on what you want. Clams and open trailers are first out the door the bigger in-line trailers aren’t flowing at all yet. Dealers will take your order and deposit but have no idea when trailers will ship if they are honest with you because OEMs don’t know. I saw delivery dates come and go all winter a moving target that won’t correct easily.

Be aware you’re probably less than 50-50 that your trailer will ship at all. Dealers don’t know because OEMs don’t know flow of materials. Triton hasn’t shipped hybrids in 6 months. It depends on what you want. Clams and open trailers are first out the door the bigger in-line trailers aren’t flowing at all yet. Dealers will take your order and deposit but have no idea when trailers will ship if they are honest with you because OEMs don’t know. I saw delivery dates come and go all winter a moving target that won’t correct easily.

Exactly right My dealer had no idea on dates or price. He had an allotment and was taking pre-orders until he was done My fingers are crossed that ordering this early will get me a trailer in 7 months in time for snow. Seems crazy to say that.

My trailer is being built to order. Spoke with them the other day. There seemed to be no problems.
Pro-line in New Hampshire has no dealer network. They build them and sell them in one location.

My trailer is being built to order. Spoke with them the other day. There seemed to be no problems.
Pro-line in New Hampshire has no dealer network. They build them and sell them in one location.
You are well aware the supply line is disrupted nothing more you can do but wait and see if materials come together for your trailer. I saw so much manufacturing disruption with all OEMs so I bought what was available and I’m happy with my aluminum Discovery trailer with 15” tires and 16 “ supports built like a brick shithouse lol. Now my dealer has zippo trailers forget anything for snowmobiles or motorcycless just can’t get product. You are very lucky to have a delivery schedule you are confident with. Good job!

Just checked large trailer dealer I do biz with and his website pop up says they have ordered over 500 trailers! Current inventory 30 trailers. Lol. I bet he is thinking he won’t see half of those trailers he ordered. Don’t get me wrong he is a huge trailer dealer always has a huge inventory of trailers good to go. It has to be tuff times for him can’t sell what you don’t have.

Agree with those above. Tough to beat Proline trailers. They also are great people to work with and stand behind their product.

Yup I have two Proline trailers.. worth the trip (talk to Ryan). Bought my ATV trailer back to Proline recently for some upgrades like the jack stands and lighting. if you use the trailer w/o the truck you need trailer jack stands. The Proline old stands were not adjustable. New ones are adjustable. Also like turning on the inside trailer lights when it connected to AC and running tools/work lights from the receptacle

So glad I ordered my 2020 NEO in early 2019.

The problem is that selling it is you will have to pay a inflated price for a new one....just a thought

The problem is that selling it is you will have to pay a inflated price for a new one....just a thought
I actually checked Pro-Lines current pricing, its only gone up $300 for the trailer I ordered.

Back