• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dampers

jakeho

Veteran
I have had to replace the right side cover on my 2006 Apex RTX and was wondering if anyone has done similar and is there an easy way to get the dampers (foamy thingys) off the inside? And, once you get them off what's the best glue to attach them to the new side panel? Also, are they really necessary? Thanks in advance

I tried several times. Most chemicals that release the glue eat the foam. Best result was to heat with hair dryer and pull gently. You will lose a little foam but when glued into next one you cannot tell.

Dont put the foam on, they only slightly dampen noise, and with a 4 stroke, under hood noise is very low.

Also, when you blow a belt, the foam will get removed anyways.

Yamahammer485 said:
Dont put the foam on, they only slightly dampen noise, and with a 4 stroke, under hood noise is very low.

Also, when you blow a belt, the foam will get removed anyways.

They were more important on the RX's because of the clutch and reduction gear rattle. If you did not put them in the sled sounded like a garbage disposal with a fork in it.

Back