• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Darting on the vector ?

Rash

Expert
I have an ATTAK and lot of setup ajustments to get rid of darting... How is darting on the vector... might be a machine for my wife...
RASH :yam:

I put a set of Bergstroms and a shim kit on my Rage and it stopped the darting. I have a set of stock carbides on my wife's rage and it still darts. Next step is to put a shim kit on her sled and see how that works.

go with what undecided said.
6" Woody's Doolies and problem solved.
No shims or adjustments.....just riding.

Shiming will give you heavier steering and wear the rear of the skis. Doolies or Shaper Doolies is the only way to go. Gives you light steering and diffinetly cures darting. ;)!

Oak Hill said:
Shiming will give you heavier steering and wear the rear of the skis. Doolies or Shaper Doolies is the only way to go. Gives you light steering and diffinetly cures darting. ;)!

Oak - have you or anybody you know tried the Shapers? Have heard good things about them.

Undecided - have not tried the Shaper Duce bars as to date. Would like to, but everyone I call or stop in to purchase is out of stock or cannot get them. Will try a pair next season. The Woody's Doolies work excellent, would like to compare the two. :rocks:

Darting

I run the deuce bars no darting tracks very straight also have shims. I don't know how much that really helps.

Darting

I run the deuce bars no darting tracks very straight also have shims. I don't know how much that really helps.

Have Bergstrom 6" w/ski savers . Work well and I didn't try shimming. Wonder if the Ski Savers would have gotten rid of Oak's problem he had when he was shimming?

I got the yamaha powder skis. The skis can be installed either in the stock position or about 1.5" closer together or 1.5" farther apart. The 1.5" increase in ski stance really made a difference reducing the darting, which was terrible with the stock skis. I figured that spreading them furthur was result in only one ski catching grooves as opposed to two and thus reduce darting. It worked.

Oak Hill said:

I have to call you on this one. I just shimmed my RX-1 and the wife's Vector. There is no way possible that this is going to wear the skis. If anything my carbides now ride flat on the floor like they should have from the beginning. I also did not notice any heavier steering just NO DARTING period. cost me all of $2.00. I can't believe I waited a year to do this. If you rdie only trails forget $400 skis or dual carbides or any of that stuff. Do yourself a favor and buy some 1/4 think rubber and just pull the ski tip up and slide it in there. No screws or glue or anything. What's the harm in trying it? $400 for skis? $2 for shims. You do the math.

Back