• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dash going blank

Froggy

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder LTX SE 14600 km and counting
2016 Viper LTX LE 23986 km sold
2015 Viper LTX DX Wife's 19500 km
2010 Vector LTX GT 25000 km sold
I was out riding last weekend and and my dash went blank, the backlight was on but no display, no indicator light or high beam and no handwarmers/thumb warmer. Head light and tail light were working. Once I got home I shut off the sled and when the sled was restarted everything was working. Anybody else have this happen and what was the fix. I got a trip planned in 3 weeks and really don't want any issues coming up. Thanks for any input.

Relay. Could have been froze up. Once the engine warmed underwood it came to life. Pretty common thing, can be the dash relay and typically the fuel pump really freeze up. Warm them up and they'll work.

I know what your saying but I was in the middle of my ride on the way home when it went blank, wasn't very cold but hopefully it was relay related.

Still can be the relay. This happened to me last year while riding and it wasn't very cold.

The stock relays are not waterproof and can get condensation inside them (from freeze/thaw cycles) which can cause intermittent connection. Might want to invest in the waterproof ones.
One other possibility is short or cut wire up by fuse block. Check main harness going into fuse block. It rubs on the metal bracket up there and can rub through or get cut or shorted.

Best solution is to replace all the relays with auto relays. Scrap cars and trucks are perfect donors. They always started.

The stock relays are not waterproof and can get condensation inside them (from freeze/thaw cycles) which can cause intermittent connection. Might want to invest in the waterproof ones.
One other possibility is short or cut wire up by fuse block. Check main harness going into fuse block. It rubs on the metal bracket up there and can rub through or get cut or shorted.
The latest are all water proof.

I'll check my wiring harness and I'll get some BOP relays.

Back