• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dealer hinted at news of a 900 Phazer

mnmsnowbeast said:
Well if he is bent on hp than so am i,lol i want a 175+hp apex or even more he he you cant get enough hp ever,snow sleds eat so much hp that buy the time you get it to the ground you would need a good 200hp sled to really keep me happy 100% of the time. or at least 120hp at the track lol..
What he said, a nice 175-180 would be great.

EXACLY :

Yes that would be nice, 180 in the Apex and 150 in the Phazer chassis for the Lg. twin or the triple, either one would be nice ! If they could keep the weight at 600 lbs "wet" or less with the phazer chasis and 150 h.p. that would be awsome ! How about some boost also ? Two of the other manufacturers are offering boosted sleds why not the king of four strokes ? you'd think yamaha would be shineing in this area......what's up with THAT ? Something to consider, if you have the power and don't need it , it's no big deal but if you need the power and don't have it your S.O.L. ! just my .02

For me the Phazer is just a tad bit underpowered. I would need it to do the same speeds as an RX-1 for me to buy it.

<<<<<<As you can see....we ride alot of wide open flat grromed trails so 80 MPH just doesn't cut it. The Vector is about the smallest sled that I can handle and it does about 90/95MPH. When I ride my buds Vector, Compared to my RX1 it feels slow.

If the TURBO Phazer thing works out...well thats a whole other story. I don't care about HP. Just give me a higher top-end in the same chassis with the same weight and I would be all over it.

Slush Monster said:
Dealer said there was some inside news / rumors that yamaha is getting a 900 (2 450cc dirt bike engines) into the phazer frame. The name will be differant than the phazer but same style. His source said the weight will be around 480lbs. Also said the HP #s will surprise alot of people just like the phazer did geting 80 hp out of the 500cc.

YEP ABSOLUTELY......No Rumor ;)!

I saw a couple of Proto Pic's ;)!

RXWonder said:
For me the Phazer is just a tad bit underpowered. I would need it to do the same speeds as an RX-1 for me to buy it.

<<<<<<As you can see....we ride alot of wide open flat grromed trails so 80 MPH just doesn't cut it. The Vector is about the smallest sled that I can handle and it does about 90/95MPH. When I ride my buds Vector, Compared to my RX1 it feels slow.

If the TURBO Phazer thing works out...well thats a whole other story. I don't care about HP. Just give me a higher top-end in the same chassis with the same weight and I would be all over it.

I rode it. I dont think it would be real stable at those speeds....

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Slush Monster said:
Dealer said there was some inside news / rumors that yamaha is getting a 900 (2 450cc dirt bike engines) into the phazer frame. The name will be differant than the phazer but same style. His source said the weight will be around 480lbs. Also said the HP #s will surprise alot of people just like the phazer did geting 80 hp out of the 500cc.

Need... more... info!

:)

-Steve

BV1 said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Slush Monster said:

Need... more... info!

:)

-Steve

i was talking with the rep at the demo rides about a larger twin 4stroker in the phazer chassis.... his response was not in the near future at all... the problem isnt fitting the engine, but reducing the vibration of a big twin four stroker....

if there will be any complaints about the new phazer it will be in the vibration department.... us yami sled riders arent used to the twin 4 stroke vibes, that is unless u ride a twin quad.... it has that feel...

buy my opinion, if you look at the venture lite, its body work and track size would work with a triple in there.... ie rs motor with efi..... sport that thing up a little with the phazer seating arrangement and such and wamo....

As far as I know the Venture Lite uses the same bulkhead as the regular phazer. It does have a wider tunnel and uses a 15" wide track and the Vector rear skid. I havev not looked at a Phazer in person so I'm just gong off the website photos and what I've read. I'd personally love a Phazer with the RS motor but I don't think there is any way it will fit.

LazyBastard said:
In terms of power per displacement when compared to ANY of their other 4-stroke sled engines, it very obviously IS.

And as for your claim that it will take a stock rx1... thats because rx1 lacks TRACTION, not power. Too much power for the traction will actually take off SLOWER than *just right* since it will sit on spot spinning stupidly until it can actually hook up.

LB, a lot of that is because this motor is not a high revving motor. The other Yamaha 4 strokes are making that power at very high RPM's. The 120 was designed so that it doesn't require reduction gears. A big plus in my opinion. There is most likely a lot of power to be tweaked from that motor. I actually would love to see Yamaha boost a 120 to 180 ish and drop the 4 cylinder, it's a better setup than a high revving reduction gear setup.