• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dear Yamaha

snowman3687

Whats up with all the bugs in your new rs sleds? I have owned many of your products, jet - skis, scooters, snowmobiles, atv, and motorcycles. I am very dissappointed with my rs rage. T.O.R.S. problem, headlight and instrument pannel not working, and now ice jam in the tunnel. What's the deal?

The tors issue can be overridden if you like, but is related to the cable freeplay. You just need an adjustment. Talk to your dealer.

Headlight and instruments don't go on until the battery voltage exceeds a certain threshold. Makes it easier to start the engine. Might want to plug it in to charge it, if problem is still there, demand a new battery from your dealer.

Ice in tunnel, as with EVERY liquid cooled sled, you must clean the crap out of the tunnel after riding, otherwise it turns to ice. Try running the motor for a few minutes after riding to melt out the slush, also use a broom handle at the same time.

Yea your right, i just got a little wigged out because every weekend it seems i have a new problem with my rage. My past yamaha sleds were pretty much trouble free.

How about new Hyfax in 300 miles and warped inner bogie wheels up front, Having to install fuel shut-offs to trailer your sled, Guages fog up so you can't see them, Adding coolant everytime I ride the sled. Started sled next to my diesel truck the other day and yep you guessed it I could hear the clutch rattle over the top of my powerstroke diesel motor. I enjoy riding the sled just heard about the fit an finish of the yamaha as being so great. I'm the one having fits with there lack of finish

If you needed new hyfax after 300 miles you rode in conditions you shouldn't have. You didn't have to install fuel shut-offs (good idea though for next to nothing), you decided to. The coolant issue is either a leak or you're filling it too high. If the coolant is in the safe range, try not filling it to the top. As far as the clutch noise, take it to your dealer. If they don't offer a reasonable solution, get another dealer. We have 6 RS and RX models in our group with none of this stuff. In fact, one of us has over 5500 miles on the original hyfax. All of the problems you noted are minor in nature and if I had them my dealer would see to it was fixed immediately.

snowman3687 said:
Whats up with all the bugs in your new rs sleds? I have owned many of your products, jet - skis, scooters, snowmobiles, atv, and motorcycles. I am very dissappointed with my rs rage. T.O.R.S. problem, headlight and instrument pannel not working, and now ice jam in the tunnel. What's the deal?
I have 1,800 miles on my sled and all I have had is a tors prob alittle ice noise but clears quickly after I reverse and ride no light prob or panel.. :?

Clearing the ice in the tunnel is very easy and (as Lazy said) common to ALL liquid cooled sleds. After riding my sled, I let it sit out and cool off for about an hour. Then genetly tap the ice with a hammer. The ice will fall of very easily.

basically 1,800 trouble free miles with mine compared to a two stroke the clutch noise is nothing and that can be fixed by updated o-ring kit installed by dealer or easily by yourself..the noise doesn't bother me its really not loud on mine..and yes my ski-doo had ice build up in the tunnel also..its normal and there are ways to clear it..I haven't foul or change one plug yet and my belt looks like new and I ride hard! So as far as brands go Yammi rules in my opinion! :yam:

i dont know what ur complaining about...any sled that gets 18mpg without having to add...let alone bring oil with u on big mile trips plus all the oil smell....ur gonna have ice buildup on everysled unless u bring a hair dryer plug it into ur power outlet and fabricate a bracket on there so u got a hair dryer on full blast while ur riding...dont have to worry bout ice buildup. if ur not happy with ur sled buy a mach z and replace the rings at 200 miles and then bring a spare crank cuz ur gonna need it to get past the 600 mile marker...thats my $0.02

If the tors thing gets on your nerves and you just cannot seem to get it fixed...just bypass it. Atleast Yamaha put the bypass there just in case. Fuel shutoff's are not a problem, they are a precausion. You don't have to have them, but then it is recommended to trailer with an empty tank....and that sucks when you get to where your going. The ice build up is no different with any other manu. My buddy has a 05' Renagade....and he had more ice build up than me, most everytime we go riding...don't worry about that....
The fogging on the guages does suck....but I found like alot of others, that if you check the boot on the back of the guage....it might not be seated properly....this was the case on mine....and never happened after that.
Ohh.....my buddies Renagade also fogs his guages....and much much worse than anything I have seen on a RX/RS. He becomes very pissed when this happens...lol......everytime we ride also. ;)!

thats right my boot was NOT on tight...had to really work on it under the hood to get it on good. Use a flash light and look thru windshield with hood open to watch as boot goes on all the way. Mine has been good since. ;)!

gnip134 said:
If the tors thing gets on your nerves and you just cannot seem to get it fixed...just bypass it. Atleast Yamaha put the bypass there just in case. Fuel shutoff's are not a problem, they are a precausion. You don't have to have them, but then it is recommended to trailer with an empty tank....and that sucks when you get to where your going. The ice build up is no different with any other manu. My buddy has a 05' Renagade....and he had more ice build up than me, most everytime we go riding...don't worry about that....
The fogging on the guages do suck....but I found like alot of others, that if you check the boot on the back of the guage....it might not be seated properly....this was the case on mine....and never happened after that.
Ohh.....my buddies Renagade also fogs his guages....and much much worse than anything I have seen on a RX/RS. He becomes very pissed when this happens...lol......everytime we ride also. ;)!
T.o.r.s.> I never used a teather on any of my other sleds anyways so I just by-passed mine for now and this spring when I'm done riding I'll have the dealer look at it cause I have tried all adjustments..

I now have 600 miles on my Vector and still love it! I had a couple of TORS issues in the first 200 miles but put the cable under the rubber shield and it hasn't happened agian. The only time that my gauges fog is when I shut the motor down. It is on the outside of the gauges and once I start back up it clears itself. I did have a rear wheel fall off but I did not check it before riding, dealer is taking care of me and getting me a replacement. I just talked to my dealer and he is calling Larry for the clutch fix. I just have to say that I think there isn't any real issues with the sled and I would not go back to a different brand. I used to ride a ski doo and my ears would ring after riding it, it is nice to be able to hear when I get home.

Back