• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dear Yamaha

right

Rage2005Yamaha said:
Called my dealer today and they do carry graphite hyfax ..not in stock tho and had to order it 16.96 a side he said compared to like 12.95 or so but a 2-3 mph gain in top end and better wear.. no colors tho

Right. The graphite impregnated ones are always black. They have worked well for me though. They are indeed slippery.

Wondering if its possible to rotate hyfax ..turn it around so where the front was is now in back since thats where most the wear is and now it would be at rear??? Anyone know or done it?

???

Rage2005Yamaha said:
Wondering if its possible to rotate hyfax ..turn it around so where the front was is now in back since thats where most the wear is and now it would be at rear??? Anyone know or done it?

The plastic will take a set of the curve of the rail. Not a great big deal, but also, there is a chamfered hole at the front for the anchor screw and the rear is beveled so it won't catch on the track when backing up. (or pulling backwards on non reverse models)

Not sure why you'd want to go through all that work anyway to put used stuff back on.

well beacuse I'm getting alot more wear up front and thinking I might double the life if I did this but dont know if its a good idea??

Rage2005Yamaha, Yamaha puts out a front wheel kit. Not sure of the price, but, if it's the front that is really bothering, that might be the answer. Stylus is right about it not being worth the bother to reuse.

Ok just wondering if anyone has done it...thought it might not be worth it but didn't know..I've got some graphites on order now. ;)!

Back