• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do it yourself under tunnel exhaust (sick of searching)

I to am making a under tunnel exhaust as well, I bought a $21 1 3/4" id 3" od muffler at my local surplus store had midas expand it to 2". I am planning on doing the vector header so I can keep my tunnel protectors in since I run studs. I am also going to install a db reduer and turn out as well. Soon as I get my OFT block off plate I will add some pics. I think I am going to have the muffler jet hot coated as it is just a galvanized peice. I realy wanted an SDR undetunnel but just couldn't swing it, they are probably the nicest for the money.
On another note for those of you looking for a can similar to breeze I have 2 D&D stainless mufflers available for sale, brand new with 2" inlets, They are nice and come with a mouning bracket and clamp. PM for details and pic

hearnoevil, go to Canadian Tire and get a cherry bomb glass pack if you want to go under tunnel. If you want to stay above tunnel get the cherry bomb turbo, will mount to stock location, just needs the rear mount welded to it.

I both need and want to keep the sound as close to stock as possible. What silencer will do that?

I got a street bike muffler from dennis kirk and it is a bit louder but not bad. I think most street bike mufflers would do the trick. The glass pack would be loud at least it was on my vector

I just did mine, also used a Dynomax Turbo muffler, cut the header off and welded a bolt to the outlet of the muffler and mounted a hanger in the rear to the block off plate i made. I am going to take a pic later. I am in it for about 150 bucks, I cut up my tunnel protectors to make the mount and just used whatever 1/2 bolt i had to make the mount and bent to fit. Sounds good, quiter than the MBRP and have lots of tunnel space now.

radianguy said:
hearnoevil, go to Canadian Tire and get a cherry bomb glass pack if you want to go under tunnel. If you want to stay above tunnel get the cherry bomb turbo, will mount to stock location, just needs the rear mount welded to it.

I had a cheery bomb on my quad for a few years, had to weld a washer on the end to keep the noise down. I liked the sound but dam was it loud.I have an exhaust bought now, thanks jp, I'm probably gonna run it in the stock location this year, if I like it I'll go under tunnel over the summer.

I found a D&D slip on pretty cheap but I know that they can be loud. Is there any type of generic noise reducer I could put in the pipe to help with noise?

Zakre said:
I just did mine, also used a Dynomax Turbo muffler, cut the header off and welded a bolt to the outlet of the muffler and mounted a hanger in the rear to the block off plate i made. I am going to take a pic later. I am in it for about 150 bucks, I cut up my tunnel protectors to make the mount and just used whatever 1/2 bolt i had to make the mount and bent to fit. Sounds good, quiter than the MBRP and have lots of tunnel space now.

I would lobe a picture of the install.

If you research DB reducer you can find nice manufactured ones or ways to make homemade ones. I am planning on getting one from DB Dawg. I dont want a loud muffler to be honest I would be happy with one that sounds just like stock.

Once you install an undertunnel exhaust, it seems to make it a bit louder because of being enclosed within the tunnel. Once you get it on the snow, the sound is a little better. And be careful of D&D pipes.... loud and obnoxious. I've heard many on sportbikes, and just hate the sound.

My spintech setup.

115 shipped for the muffler and 30 extra for the mid pipe and tabs to be welded on.

IMG_3104.JPG

http://youtu.be/drNcABSnpGU

Back