• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you want to be totally happy with RX handling??

DaveRX1

Expert
Here is the deal:

I added 2" of foam to my 03 seat and the difference is awsome!!

I installed new Camoplast skis, these are the cure to all of your darting, hard turning fron end handling problems!!! Period!! Like power steering!! No effort, great control, makes sled feel 100 pounds lighter!! You can change lines in mid corner, even while on the gas!! Words cant explain how happy I am with this sled. All I can say is THE SLED IS MUCH MORE FUN.

My setup:

2.3 straight rate's min preload.
longer sway links
thinner lower transfer washers
transfer rods set to 2 lines showing (more transfer)
FRA middle, min preload
Center shock a middle of adjustment range in manual.
limiter straps 1 1/8" of thread above the nut
120 studs down the middle
secondary @70
03 seat with 2" med density foam and top is 3" narrower
Camoplast blow molded rocker bottom skis 4" carbide.
This totally rocks!!

3800 miles on the 03 and it never felt even close to this good, in all conditions! 100 mile test ride today

Can you tell I am happy???

To sum this up: I allways loved the RX1 motor and the build quality but I only tolerated the handling........... Now, I love the way this thing corners!!

I too was almost a NON beilever that the RX could handle well..

I too am very happy with how my sled rides and handles.. Its just too bad that yamaha didnt have ti right from the beginning..

Im glad we both love our sleds..

Brian

welterracer,

I notice you have the C&A ski's . I also have them wtih 6" carbides
Do you have any issues
turning them when not moving. I have adjusted the limiter straps and the rear and middle spring pressure I have Ohlins...I took most of the pre load off the front...had to add a little thought due the the lift i was getting in the corners.I have a bear of a time going in reverse. these things are real aggresive. I dont mind the extra muscle needed while moving but at a stand still they do not move.... any suggestions. My buddy has an 04 with stok ski's and dooleys and it turns like on air..both have about the same lift in the corners and are set up close to the same :o|

First off i had the woodies .. THEY SUCK FOR AGGRESSIVE RIDING... They do turn good at slow speeds though

What do you need to turn the bars for at a dead stop???????

Ya it takes alot of muscle but you have to figure the engine is alot heavier than a twostroker..

I too have some problems getting sled into reverse ... NOT SURE WHY

I usually tap the throttle and turn at the same time... By poping the skis off the ground it makes bars turn eaiser and when they hit the ground you turn instantly!

I thought the handling on my 05 was perfect out of the box, as long as it isnt rough. The mono works good, but the front is all over the place if it is rough.

I've got to admit, now that it's dialed-in - my '04 handles great! ;)! :D :D :D and that's with stock skis, and single 4" Roetin's.

Thanks for the help Yamabluerx1 ;)!

Back