• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

Turk

Tech Advisor
Spent all afternoon with the buds at the test strip running gps on all the sleds in about just over 1000' The Apex was ulmers old 06 RTX grass dragger with a 22 top gear; mod air box & cobra track with stock secondary & a set of drag n fly weights bolted in the primary. All sleds are at least clutched & some are modded up pretty good. Below is a list of mph recorded on gps on each sled

06 apex rtx...103.5
05 Mach Z 1.375 track & different ecu.....101
05 Mach Z 1.25 polaris track & clutching only....101
08 renegade 800.......97.5
07 renegade 800....97.0
06 Firecat 1" 13 wide track & speedwerx pipe.....98
95 Mach Z piped & minor engine work....99
95 mach Z 835 bb; pipes; porting; .....109
94 mach Z 975 bb but not running 100%....109

The apex is a definate runner & the drag n flies could have been fine tuned for a little more pop but they were close. in an all out drag race in 6-700' The apex won when it hooked up.

Attachments

• sleds.jpg
    sleds.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 226
  • sleds 2.jpg
    sleds 2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 282

Turk, I'm curious if you've done any definitive before and after with the Drag n flies. Any idea what they're worth bottom and top on GPS?

Thanks

I'd like see their reliability after some miles... I hope their better than the hammer time weights.

So are you saying you don't recommend them for trail rides.I hand a buddy asking me the same thing.If I was going to run them in the trail.I said hell ya..that's why I bought them.Anyone blow up there clutch yet with these dragon fly's??? :yam:

i am finally lovin my attak. the dragonflies work flawless in it. i ran 101 on not so ideal conditions. closest apex was 96 with a 150 pound rider. tried the attak with me at 270 did 101 then threw the light guy on and it did the same. in a race it was beeting all the other apex,s 2 06 rtx and 1 07 rtx bad. the dragonflies work

rxwhopper, how does it do against a stock Attack with equal traction. The Apex does not have the traction of a 136".

those apex,s and my attak had a milllion races. i was getting beet in the midrange before. never had a head to head with a attak with the flys in

I have noticed a lot of people testing/curious about the Drag & Fly weights. Does anyone have a good starting setup for all around trail riding? I have been posting some of my results in another topic in this section, and I still haven't found a solution to the dead mid-range problem.

BTW - This is for an Apex.....

Back