• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

Besides Turk, did anyone else test these against other clutch kits. Anyone lese have any other experience they would like to share.

I have the ulmer stage 2 kit and also turk's set up and I can test them both out this winter against 4 other apex ltx's and let you know what the outcome is.I also have other mods to but the outcomes will be the same in distance between the 2 kits.I will run 1000' and 1320' as well as top end.I just need time to install my mods.Turk's setup pulls the stock setup with ease from what we tested last year.

I run the drag&fly weights in my Vector Rage and am very happy with the results. I am running 1 tooth down on top gear and using a Super torquer secondary. I run a wider XS belt. I am a big guy, about 300#s, and managed to run 108 on the speedo, on plowed lake surface. It has amazing pull at any speed and keeps my rpms right on.

OutRAGEous! said:
I run the drag&fly weights in my Vector Rage and am very happy with the results. I am running 1 tooth down on top gear and using a Super torquer secondary. I run a wider XS belt. I am a big guy, about 300#s, and managed to run 108 on the speedo, on plowed lake surface. It has amazing pull at any speed and keeps my rpms right on.

what helix in the secondary and what spring?

Do you think using a different helix, than the stock one would help complement these weights.

I think if the stock helix which according to reliable sources is more like a 48/42 with the white spring......but still need to see where she runs with an oem spring....

my gut tells me something shallower on the finish side..

I was told that these weight s give 4 tenths over stock out of the hole and mid range with the same top end and that's with a stock helix. I believe a different secondary Helix and spring could improve that a bit. Allen told me the last time he track dynoed the two speeds, he said he did not notice any difference than the Super tips. I hope Not... I need all the help I can get against a certain F1000.

SledFreak said:
Allen told me the last time he track dynoed the two speeds, he said he did not notice any difference than the Super tips.

something was very wrong there....that virtually impossible...

there is no way these weights could grab the belt anywhere near the two speeds unless they were loaded with the heaviest weight which would kill mid/top....mechaincally it's impossible for those weight to do what the two speeds do...its a matter of physics

Or maybe it was the hammertimes?hmmmm... I guess we'll see what the outcome is soon enough. Also, just because they don't show it on the dyno, they still may run better in the field.

2 speeds & hammertimes are the same weight . Randy used to call em a different name. My 08 nytro with supertorquer weights was stupid out of the hole & had zero belt slip.

sj said:
SledFreak said:
Allen told me the last time he track dynoed the two speeds, he said he did not notice any difference than the Super tips.

there is no way these weights could grab the belt anywhere near the two speeds unless they were loaded with the heaviest weight which would kill mid/top....mechaincally it's impossible for those weight to do what the two speeds do...its a matter of physics

Lets see what Allens testing shows here. The current world record holder on Ice and grass is using Supertips. You dont run 1.1 second 60 foot times with weights that "Dont grab the belt", especially with that much power. This should be interesting.

BlueByYou2000 said:
sj said:
SledFreak said:

Lets see what Allens testing shows here. The current world record holder on Ice and grass is using Supertips. You dont run 1.1 second 60 foot times with weights that "Dont grab the belt", especially with that much power. This should be interesting.

I will respectfully disagree with this statement...

I dont believe the world record holder is running 1.1 second 60 foot times with a weight that the common man is buying or a standard weight...and if by chance it is...I would pay (buy beer) to see it happen!

let me clarify my position.....there is NO WAY a non leveraged arm can hook up like a leveraged arm weight (super torquer/heelclicker/2speeds/dragnflys) ...
I believe they have a patent on this technology...
now unless we look at whats being run...who knows whats really in there..

as to allen dyno/tuning ec....if he spends as much time as he has with what he's been tuning with...

WE WILL ALL BE VERY HAPPY..

I think more to the point...you don't hold world records without using the best available technology. There's alot more to that 1.1sec 60' time than just belt grip...

Go to a race and see how many 2speed clutch weights you find.

Back