• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

drag n flys

Well, I never said the car was a top fuel dragster, i said it was a rail dragster.
1st the track is a black top track, which is lighter and all of it is ouching the ground. 2nd, it has wheels on the skis, which is less drag and lighter. 3rd, they have the front and back of the sled pulled WAYY down. 4th they shaved more weight off with the exhaust. 5th while the car is spinning, the sled is moving down the track.
oh ya, the k&n filters add a couple ponies
Maybe pat hauck will chime in on here and say that he lied and didnt go 129 mph. NOT lol.

jeffT said:
Well, I never said the car was a top fuel dragster, i said it was a rail dragster.
1st the track is a black top track, which is lighter and all of it is ouching the ground. 2nd, it has wheels on the skis, which is less drag and lighter. 3rd, they have the front and back of the sled pulled WAYY down. 4th they shaved more weight off with the exhaust. 5th while the car is spinning, the sled is moving down the track.
oh ya, the k&n filters add a couple ponies
Maybe pat hauck will chime in on here and say that he lied and didnt go 129 mph. NOT lol.
There is no way he seen 129 mph,I don't care where he was racing. That Nytro has no more then 145-150 hp with those mods and is only a little lighter then stock. No more then me being on the sled 150 lbs vs him being on it mabe 180-200. If you really believe that sled did 129 mph then I don't know what to tell you. Plus he contradicted his self,He said 135hp snowmobile should do 115-118 mph. Thats what it has stock and that sled has mods,There is so many holes in this. Please stop trying to pass it off as the real thing! :o| "The Nytro is so fast that even when you try to look at it frame by frame,Its a total blur" :drink: Don't take this as me dissing the Nytro,Take this as me telling the truth! But that video is a joke and we all know it! :o|

OK. You're right. The nytro is slower. That car doesn't do 168mph in the 1/4 mile. It's not a 10 second car. No sled could beat a dragster. The nytro could never go 129mph. I'm sure you've tried your fx nytro on asphalt to back up your theories. Tell me what numbers you got when you ran your nytro in 1/4 mile when you did it? Let's have the real numbers, or are you simply saying, "I dont believe it, so it cant be done". Is that the kind of person you are?
And getting back to the subject at hand. The drag n flies do absolutely no good at all. Dont buy them because you will only go slower. If 2 sleds go 100 mph........ there is NO WAY one can get there quicker. 100 mph is 100 mph no matter what LMFAO
It's not possible to make a sled quicker simply by altering the clutch/clutches . I'd listen to 2008 Nytro RTX, I think he will be posting his 1/4 mile numbers very shortly to back up his "no way" theory (or maybe its a fact)
P.S. DO NOT believe what hauck is saying/stating. They simply did that video to make a mockery of yamaha and the new nytro.
Just a little sarcasm this morning, by the way, I have no hauck products on my sled, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt buy any. I highly doubt hauck is lying about it all. Why would he make up an unrealistic number, like 129mph, if it wasnt true? Wouldnt it be more realistic to say he went 119mph, and still beat the dragster? I mean seriously...... they didnt show the speedo, so how do we know?
THE BOTTOM LINE............. CLUTCHING (especially the drag n flies) MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!! IMO

jeffT said:
OK. You're right. The nytro is slower. That car doesn't do 168mph in the 1/4 mile. It's not a 10 second car. No sled could beat a dragster. The nytro could never go 129mph. I'm sure you've tried your fx nytro on asphalt to back up your theories. Tell me what numbers you got when you ran your nytro in 1/4 mile when you did it? Let's have the real numbers, or are you simply saying, "I dont believe it, so it cant be done". Is that the kind of person you are?
And getting back to the subject at hand. The drag n flies do absolutely no good at all. Dont buy them because you will only go slower. If 2 sleds go 100 mph........ there is NO WAY one can get there quicker. 100 mph is 100 mph no matter what LMFAO
It's not possible to make a sled quicker simply by altering the clutch/clutches . I'd listen to 2008 Nytro RTX, I think he will be posting his 1/4 mile numbers very shortly to back up his "no way" theory (or maybe its a fact)
P.S. DO NOT believe what hauck is saying/stating. They simply did that video to make a mockery of yamaha and the new nytro.
Just a little sarcasm this morning, by the way, I have no hauck products on my sled, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt buy any. I highly doubt hauck is lying about it all. Why would he make up an unrealistic number, like 129mph, if it wasnt true? Wouldnt it be more realistic to say he went 119mph, and still beat the dragster? I mean seriously...... they didnt show the speedo, so how do we know?
THE BOTTOM LINE............. CLUTCHING (especially the drag n flies) MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!! IMO
I notice you didn't protest my points,like him contradicting him self. Plus the others I made. I am done here though,You have my opinion!

jeffT said:
I said you are right. the nytro doesnt go that fast. I merely asked for your numbers in the 1/4 mile on asphalt.
thats my opinion as well
Never ran my sled on asphalt. Thats why I said its my OPINION he didn't go that fast. Say he did go that fast,It would not beat that car. The car didn't spin coming out of the gate!

I find it hard to believe he beat that car, I believe it ran in the super comp class and thats a fast class, but I do believe its possible to see those speeds given the setup.......but who cares 2008 RTX know everything!!! Thats my opinion on a completely off topic post!!

;)!

stopdropanroll said:
I find it hard to believe he beat that car, I believe it ran in the super comp class and thats a fast class, but I do believe its possible to see those speeds given the setup.......but who cares 2008 RTX know everything!!! Thats my opinion on a completely off topic post!!

;)!
Yea,We can all give our opinions on different things, can't we?

I would like to see the opposite-the dragster against the Nytro on snow.
Now THAT would be fun to watch! :tg:

Back