• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dragy Times?

I'm at 11.05/115 in the 1/4 on packed trail with stock reverse helix and Yamaha weights.
Stock muffler, max spool 260hp setting.
Next year would like to try 41/37 with the GForce weights I use now.
Any experience with the 41/37 on trails via rideing partners etc? Sure it would haul the mail and may get better fuel milage with lower cruise rpm.

Any experience with the 41/37 on trails via rideing partners etc? Sure it would haul the mail and may get better fuel milage with lower cruise rpm.
No I don't we didn't have a good riding season in my area.

I run the Dalton 41/37 helix in my trail setup and was installed in my above posted Dragy times. It works real well , on my sled, for trail riding and cruising but I use a different helix for my performance setup. My SW is currently getting the best mileage in our group of sleds.

No I don't we didn't have a good riding season in my area.
Same here, 1800 miles on but had to haul 5hrs one way to ride.

I run the Dalton 41/37 helix in my trail setup and was installed in my above posted Dragy times. It works real well , on my sled, for trail riding and cruising but I use a different helix for my performance setup. My SW is currently getting the best mileage in our group of sleds.
Thanks, I haven't played with any helixs yet, just stock 35, how do you find it down low alittle doggy till spool comes on? Have to lighten the weights up a bunch with the stepper angles.

Thanks, I haven't played with any helixs yet, just stock 35, how do you find it down low alittle doggy till spool comes on? Have to lighten the weights up a bunch with the stepper angles.
It definitely has less throttle response then the lower angle helixs but not annoying or doggy by any means

It definitely has less throttle response then the lower angle helixs but not annoying or doggy by any means
Thanks was wanting to try that angle this year but such shitty winter when i did get to ride i didnt want to test. I have a dalton black/tan that may work well with that steeper helix. Next winter.

Here's a few of mine from today with me on the seat.

20230325_135418.jpg
20230325_135808.jpg
20230325_135840.jpg

Last edited:

Back