• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dropping rear suspension??

iarx1

Veteran
I'm going to drop rear skid to remove rear heat shield. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I am not removing the suspension just dropping. Thanks

Dropping it is easy. Putting it back is another thing. Remove the bolts from the bottom of the control rods before attempting to remount it.

From what I recall dropping the rear bolts first and moving forward is the best way.

Attachments

• bill 015.jpg_scaled.jpg
    bill 015.jpg_scaled.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 69
anytime that I remove any suspension I use a home made holding devise to keep everything close to where it belongs while it's apart/ Get a turnbuckle (3/8 to 1/2 dia) that will extend to about 15-18 inches long/ pick up a couple of short(6-8") pieces of fairly sturdy chain and four stout "S" hooks/on each end of the turnbuckle put an "S" hook then a piece of chain then another "S" hook/ find a sturdy place at the front and rear of the suspension to hook each end of this devise/ then tighten the turnbuckle until it's straight but not real stiff / if you tighten to much you'll have a hard time getting the bolts out and may ruin the threads/ losen the bolts you need to, depending on what your doing and drop the suspension/it WILL expand a little/when your ready to replace the suspension simply tighten the turnbuckle until all the holes line up/ you wont believe how easy this makes removing and installing the suspension and most importantly you can do it all by yourself/later

Back