• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dual Cherry Bombs

running a single glasspack on my mtx sounds pretty good, loud tho. and cheap glasspack style mufflers will burn out, ive had mine on for about a 1000 miles and its starting to get louder IMO if you have the money go with a proven aftermarket muffler for the phazer currently im in the process of trying to find a different style muffler for mine but im not spending 300plus dollars

Attachments

• Ryans-nytro-chart-temp.JPG
    Ryans-nytro-chart-temp.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 57

I would stick with the aftermarket parts out there. It may sound and look cool, but you will most likely lose power throughout the curve. Engines need sufficient backpressure on the exhaust side to create hp & torque. Length of pipes in 4 to 2 to 1 combinations also greatly affect power. There are tons of studies out there that show how a good muffler will create more power in a curve than just a straight pipe, this is mostly due to backpressure created.

SpeedRacer8888 said:
I would stick with the aftermarket parts out there. It may sound and look cool, but you will most likely lose power throughout the curve. Engines need sufficient backpressure on the exhaust side to create hp & torque. Length of pipes in 4 to 2 to 1 combinations also greatly affect power. There are tons of studies out there that show how a good muffler will create more power in a curve than just a straight pipe, this is mostly due to backpressure created.

That has been EXP to. Iknow on four stoke small gas engines you can get them to start without a pipe but I cn never get a two stroke to start without a pipe or a cracked pipe.

Update: Welded up my duals and it sounds so mean! This sled always wanted to be heard and now it will..don't think it lost any power either..feels pretty snappy. When it backfires when I let off a blue flame will shoot out the pipes. Sled seems to be running very good.

Usually a backfire means a air leak somewhere in exhaust system.Might want to check into that.My flex joints broke at the head at one time.Fire hazard.

yeah there is a real small almost pinhole sized leak under the Y pipe where I couldnt quite get in to weld the bottom. Also now I welded in a homemade baffle on the right side pipe end and now sound and power seems to have gotten better..since they aren't true duals..the right side pipe takes most of the flow as it was because it was directly inline with how the old exhaust flowed.

Back