• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Eichenberg Racing has the pole at the Soo I-500

Wow dropped a valve. That is not common but sure could have been lean fuel mapping or aftermarket cams/valves if that is allowed? Does anyone know what happened to other yammys and or 7000 cats in race? Congratulations to Bunke racing for top 2 spots! Polaris has some bragging rights after taking 9 of the top 10 spots.

At end of race the cats were having issues with muffler blowing off on deceleration which makes no sense unless they had different exhaust cams in and did not equate that for exhaust flow which makes no sense to me and dropping a valve that's just not right the strength of the sled was the motor and all the yakking motors had issues which never happens so someone was trying some things a nd failed

I would think yammy motor with exhaust and air intake mods with some good fuel mapping would run with any modded 2 stroke that has to run hard for 500 miles! Should be close to 150hp and run reliable!

Exactly but some/all felt they needed more and thus the results not one in the top 10 maybe 1 cat I think but by going into the motor they took all the motor reliability away which is a huge thing I just don't get it I had a lot of talk with guys in the know and you are correct with bolt ons you are at 150 reliable hp which is plenty for this race
heard a couple also had "HOT" ECU'S which failed and burnt up

Running a sled essentially WOT for 500 miles-- not a normal event, but somehow the Polaris engine builders have it down, and have for years. Kudos to them!!

Talking to a few guys, it look slike they changed the rad, just pushing the envelope a bit more... Anyways, it looked like it over heated the motor, which may have dropped a valve. They just ended up parking it without tearing into it.

My assumption would be that the Viper modded up, should have walked the Polaris 600 of bunky. But let me tell you that polaris was stupid fast. His sled just pulled like a freight train coming off the corners and down the straightaway. Really really fast...

all day long it did^
My thought is the teams tried to over invent or over engineer and it cost them the reliability oh well next year here we go

I stood on the fence at turn 1 for awhile to watch, and it seemed like the 4strokes had a lot more ski lift on the turns. The 2strokes would fly around the corners flat, the vipers would have the left ski coming 4 inches off the track or so each time. On the straight stretches the bunke sled wasn't outrunning the yamacats, but he'd toast 'em on the corners. Makes me wonder if the added weight of the 4stroke motor makes it hard to compete.

Back