• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electronic waste gate TD

Only difference is instead of being vented to atmosphere Iam vented back to cold air intake. Can not figure this out. Unless it’s this stupid bike man bov an it’s letting the boost blow off right around 19 pounds. It was on the sled when I bought it . Any thoughts?
Mine is vented to atmosphere. Maybe vented back to your CAI is your problem. The pressure will definetly be different.
I still have the stock waste gate controller and I am data logging over 19psi boost with a header.

M.02c
Like DMCTurbo says vent it like the install instructions show and I highly suspect the blow off valve may be your issue. Ensure the installed blow off valve is hooked up properly and through the OEM solenoid and also ensure the solenoid wires are hooked up correctly and not plugged into incorrect solenoids. I would also swap out the blow off valve for another known working one.
Blow off valve shud have a black/green wire and waste gate should have a black/red wire
SW Solenoids.jpg

Last edited:
This is kind of obvious but does your map sensor match your tune? ie do you have a three bar sensor for a three bar tune? I know I know...a long shot

Did you try venting the one line to atmosphere and see if anything changes? I'd be plumbing it as per the diagram.
No but I will try that an see if it helps
This is kind of obvious but does your map sensor match your tune? ie do you have a three bar sensor for a three bar tune? I know I know...a long shot
yeah it’s a three bar. Everything came from td all tunes the new tunes for header a waste gate . Something else that’s weird in the 2 step I can only make like 3 pounds of boost an I got it set to 7 pounds really strange.

Iam about to throw electric waste gate in trash a just lock it . But like being able to trail ride as well with lower tunes.
Don’t give up. I have had it a couple years and works great! All good advice coming in here. Any chance your header is leaking at turbo connection? I think you would noticed but if you have checked everything else can’t hurt to have a look.

I still have the stock waste gate controller and I am data logging over 19psi boost with a header.

M.02c
Like DMCTurbo says vent it like the install instructions show and I highly suspect the blow off valve may be your issue. Ensure the installed blow off valve is hooked up properly and through the OEM solenoid and also ensure the solenoid wires are hooked up correctly and not plugged into incorrect solenoids. I would also swap out the blow off valve for another known working one.
Blow off valve shud have a black/green wire and waste gate should have a black/red wire
View attachment 175212
No but I will try that an see if it helps

yeah it’s a three bar. Everything came from td all tunes the new tunes for header a waste gate . Something else that’s weird in the 2 step I can only make like 3 pounds of boost an I got it set to 7 pounds really strange.
So the tune says TD WG race 20 BT v4 . How do I know if the tunes for 3 bar or 4 bar ? Red a black wire goes to waste gate a black a green goes to bov .

Better ask TD about map sensor. If you have a 30psi flash I would suggest it needs a 4 bar but I don't know...just an opinion. It would be nice if it was that simple!

At 30 PSI the math says you would need a 3.1 bar map sensor so you could very well have a 4 bar tune.

Last edited:
Do you have lower boost tunes? If you run max17 (or lower) will it go down to 17lbs?

Don’t think so. If crack pressure is set to high would that result in under boost?
What I mean is can you run a lower boost tune, do you have Max spool 17? If you can run at say 17lbs this would tell you your waste gate is working And releasing boost to follow tune. just curious if you are stuck at 20lbs no matter what tune you are running.

What I mean is can you run a lower boost tune, do you have Max spool 17? If you can run at say 17lbs this would tell you your waste gate is working And releasing boost to follow tune. just curious if you are stuck at 20lbs no matter what tune you are running.
Hey there went through the tunes with td an install an found everything to be correct. Only thing we could think of is this sled when I bought it it had bikeman bov , instead of turbo smart bov, maybe the bikeman bov isn’t made to run more then 20 pounds of boost, when it sees any more then 20 it dumps it? But when run boost leak test it holds 25. But when u run boost leak test the bov sees nothing from the ecu telling it to open. What’s ur thoughts on this?

Start with the basics here.
Have you done a leak down test on the cylinders yet?
If you have hurt motor it won't make the proper boost.

Back