• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Elka stage 5

Ride On

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper LTX LE
Thinking about an upgrade on the stockers. Anyone running these? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I met several guys in the UP running them and they liked them. I am running Hygears Axis and they perform great and were a little less spendy $$$

I have them and they are awesome. They bring your ability to drive to a whole new level. Smoother than stock when slow trail driving. Phenomenal when pounding through the rough trail and ditch banging. Came almost perfect from factory set up. I only had to do some minor adjustments. Their customer service was excellent. I purchased them instead of Hygear because our Canadian dollar is in the shitter and were less expensive because of that. A guy I know has Hygear and loves them but he isn't a hard core snowmobiler so they don't get used to there full potential. I wish I would have bought them last year.

This chassis really does seem to respond to shock changes even when just re-valving the stock pr.
I agree, I'm hoping to get this thing to handle as good as pulls!
Phenomenal when pounding through the rough trail and ditch banging. Came almost perfect from factory set up. I only had to do some minor adjustments. Their customer service was excellent. .
That's a positive response, Good to hear that! Getting closer to pulling the wallet out:)

I agree, I'm hoping to get this thing to handle as good as pulls!

That's a positive response, Good to hear that! Getting closer to pulling the wallet out:)

I can tell ya I was on the 1st TY ride in 2014 it was the 1st real ride of the XTX with the then 4.5#'s of boost MPI Stage I turbo and everything else was stock but the Evol RC2 shocks up front. I was so bad on it I opted to switch out and ride my 2013 Pro R 800. After a that season I put the Axis front and rear coil over clicker shocks on it and coupled the rear suspension through the Hygear system and the thing just came alive. I added 2" to the riser and it is now the fastest trail sled I have ever owned. the 13#'s of boost make it a rocket but there is no fear going into the turns. I am even back to stock skis with dually 8" carbides and added another 144 studs in the track. no push in the turns as long as I let off the gas a bit to transfer weight back to the skis.

The thing I cannot still explain is I bought another XTX 2015 bone stock at the end of last season and it handles like it is on rails with base fox floats (65#'s in front and 125#'s in the rear) and no other changes. I did not get the full break in miles prior to the close of the season but I did see 94 on the speedometer at 150 miles and it had more - GO FIGURE! It did come with tuner skis (stock 3" crap bars and a mountain seat.

I put 7100km last year on them and they are awesome. Its super easy to adjust and you can tuned them PERFECT for your ride! BEST SHOCKS you can buy period!!!

But people had to be cerefull whit this,if you dont understand how your suspension works,you have so many posibility too adjust thats make it " easy to get Lost".....

They now have the stage 3 and 4

Last edited:
I have them and they are awesome. They bring your ability to drive to a whole new level. Smoother than stock when slow trail driving. Phenomenal when pounding through the rough trail and ditch banging. Came almost perfect from factory set up. I only had to do some minor adjustments. Their customer service was excellent. I purchased them instead of Hygear because our Canadian dollar is in the shitter and were less expensive because of that. A guy I know has Hygear and loves them but he isn't a hard core snowmobiler so they don't get used to there full potential. I wish I would have bought them last year.

Where did you order them from in Canada?

Elka is a canadian company based in boucherville,quebec.
Go on their website you can order directely from them !

VERY good support and customized like you are a top racer...:dieLOL

They are used by YAMAHA FACTORY RACING on the Viper at USXC and hillclimb championship

Last edited:

Back