• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine Compatibility

sledjunk

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Vector LTX 12141 KM
2015 Vector LTX 30736 KM
2012 Vector 20100 KM
2007 Vector GT 30638 KM (Sold)
I have a 2015 Vector LTX that has lost compression at idle on #3 cylinder. I have a line on an engine from an '09 Nytro with low mileage. Are these two engines compatible? Both sleds are FI and I suspect that the external pieces can be bolt on, but would like a little confirmation before I spend the money.

BTW, I suspect that the Vector has broken a valve spring because it has no compresion under test and runs on 2 cylinders at idle. If I feather the throttle to get the revs above 2 grand, the engine smooths out and pulls like a train. It finished the last 900KM of our trip in that condition and still starts easily, but runs rough.

Any advice welcome.

TIA

they should be the same but confirm with hibbsman (barn of parts)

they should be the same but confirm with hibbsman (barn of parts)
Tried to call Travis, but no answer. I figured this might be a quicker way to get an answer, and hopefully he would chime in.

The 09 motor will fit no problem. Your 15 motor however most likely has two oil pressure sensors. The 09 only has one. You will need to thread a t fitting into block so you install both sensors. I have a mcmaster carr part number for fitting that is needed.

Other thing to note is cams are different between nytro and vector. Really dont think you will notice and difference but just making you aware.

you will need to switch the hose fitting in block under t bodies or plumbing wont match up. Its o-ring seal and held in by 1 allen screw.

The 09 motor will fit no problem. Your 15 motor however most likely has two oil pressure sensors. The 09 only has one. You will need to thread a t fitting into block so you install both sensors. I have a mcmaster carr part number for fitting that is needed.

Other thing to note is cams are different between nytro and vector. Really dont think you will notice and difference but just making you aware.

you will need to switch the hose fitting in block under t bodies or plumbing wont match up. Its o-ring seal and held in by 1 allen screw.
Thanks Travis. Will the cam difference cause any problems with the EFI or will it have to be reprogrammed?

You have to remove cams to reshim for proper clearance and then retime. if you can remove the cam chain tensioner with out tipping engine ahead it would be easy I’m not sure what’s involved on a vector

Is this a simple thing or does it involve resetting the timing chain?
Thanks.

Being that your a VIP member just send a message to one of the moderators for a service manual for your sled.

Back