• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error Code 12

NUKNUK

Extreme
Went to load the sled up and it won't start. Not even a click.

Flashing Error Code 12. Crank case position sensor.

Sled has been sitting outside in the cold for a week. Fairly iced up from pow riding.

A wire coming from the crank case side that has a black circle shaped plastic piece on the upper end of it is flapping around loose behind the head light.
It looks like it bolts in to the aluminum framework behind the head light.

Thats probably it eh?

And where do I find one of those bolts on a christmas morning?

Santa was only supposed to bring me a full tank of gas.

Probably not tonite. Dark out, sled's outside. Going to a christmas party.

Will post a pic in the morning. Thanks Tapex.

Crested Butte........ Home of the "Snowball Express Disney Movie? Silver Hills Colorado! Sorry that doesn't much help the error code......

I would get it in and warmed up, might buy you a ride? Who knows.

Hearnoevil, I don't think I crossed out the relay. What does that mean? How do you do that.

Vmax4, yes and home to Snowbeast the movie too.

You take and use a heavy jumper wire or screwdriver and jump the two big terminals of the starter relay together. It is on the right side near the battery it will be the only thing with two big wires connected to it right there. If it starts the relay was frozen. If not there is some other issue.

Here's a pic of the loose black circular piece.

Does that have to do with the crankshaft position sensor?

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 138
OK I just crossed out the relay and it fires up!
No more error code. Runs fine.
But then it won't start with the key.
It will start with the screw driver.
Does that mean the starter relay is bad and needs replacement, or could it just be frozen?

And is that bad for the sled to start it like that? It sparks and leaves some kind of nasty burn marks on the screw driver.

No that is not the crank sensor wire,thats is the reverse sound biper.
The crank sensor wire is on the other side of the sled,clutch side.

Starter relay has moisture in it. It's toast. You can bridge the two terminals with a screw driver like others have said (or plyers) to allow it to start or pull the relay to warm it up in your pocket or use a hair dryer to warm it up. Once it starts acting up it won't go away. Needs to be replaced.
GrizzTracks sent me a schematic showing location of starboard side electronics. It was awesome.
Ms

Sweet. Got that figured out. I will go buy a new relay at the dealer tomorrow after work.

Tarzan, that makes sense that that piec is the reverse beeper. Because it quit making noise years ago.

Can I just get rid of that thing? Or is that bad for the electrical system?

It's pretty cool to talk about my sled with a dude from all over the world. Norway, Canada, Utah, what a trip.

Thanks guys

Back