• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust doughnuts?

bagadonitz said:
In my case it was once the sled got up to operating temperature. It wasn't there when started cold but after the red light went out or a few miles thereafter, the racket would start.
When mine was warm the rattle was louder. Just get rid of the spacer on the clamp then you can tighten the clamps so you will not have this issue. 600 mles this weekend and no rattling after I fixed it. Just your normal Yamaha clutch noise.

snownutz said:
What the best way to swap these out. May change mine out before next year along with the long skid.
It is a little bit of a process. remove seat, tank, then remove the heat shield closest to the motor 3 bolts. You will see the 3 clamps there. Then remove the clamps (dealer told me to take a pair of vice grips and remove the spacer so you get extra clamping pressure there is just one tack weld you have to break). Thats when I saw my doughnuts were toast (2 of them were). From here you have to remove the 2 black plugs that are on top of the tunnel. you will see 2 bolts there remove them and the washers. Then you have to remove the other 3 black plugs on the muffler shield there 3 bolts there. remove those. then you can remove the cap nuts that are holding the rear heat shield (I think there are 6 of them). You will have to remove the rear exhaust shield. Pulling up on the rear heat shield and back will remove the muffler and the shield. Now this will give some play on the tri-pipe. I hade to use a pair of vise grips to squeeze the flex pipe together so you can remove the old doughnuts and put in the new. Then just do the processs backwards. Thats how I did it. If there is an easier way I would like to know. This took me approx 2 hrs from start to finish. I never did this before, but it worked out fine. I ran 600 miles this weekend w/ out a rattle. Tools needed 5 mil allen preferable a ratchet style. 10mm socket and 12mm socket w/ extension. good luck. sounds worse then it actually is. ;)!

Back