• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust rattle noise? 03 rx1

exhaust

You do not need to take your handlebars off unless you want to remove tank cover. Just disconnect ignition switch and spin tank cover 180 degrees, remove tank and heat shield and wonder how the hell they got that motor in that small space. Good luck. Oh ya, my heat shield under tunnel was the problem. I used Yama Bond #6 and that worked for two years, then I removed the shield when I put the turbo on. I used Yama Bond for my rattling screens too.

MM

Muskrat is correct. Took mine apart today. Take the handle bars off leave all the cables intact. Lay them toward the engine compartment. Spin the gas tank cover around and your in. Take the gas tank off. My donuts were OK with 7,000 miles. Only took about 1/2 an hour to drain the tank and take it apart. Haven't put it together yet.

Bars

I did not even take the handle bars off. I do have 1.5 inch riser on there but I just spin tank cover around and pull the tank out the back. Not the stock tank but I think it works the same.

MM

Back