• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust tips

RX1 Yooper

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I took a couple suggestions from youse guys, and did my tips.

I have a silver sled.

I painted the tips red, then added 2" chrome exhaust tips. I tried to put a picture on my avitar, but I must have done it wrong. I'll see if Buddah, the computer genious, and lousy driver, will post it.[/code][/quote]

RX1 Yooper to place it as an avatar you need to get your pic to an 80 x 80 pixel size and make sure that it is not bigger than 29kb in file size. You can do this in a photo program that allows you to resize the pic. The only problem is that you smaller pic will be pixelated (fuzzy with less details). I used Photoshop to do this and if you want to send it to me I will change the size for you. Just send it to mormor105
@hotmail.com.

shooty tips

Is everyone tips black and sooty looking,after not cleaning them all winter. Besides why clean them the way i drive by days end i would have to clean mine w/oil it uses. :cry:

Yooper I see you have the avatars working. Looks good. I had the advantage of seeing the larger pics of your tips did you weld the chrome tips to the end of the original exhaust pipes?

Yooper, what kind of paint did you use for those tips ?? They look awesome !!!!!!!!! Any chances of seeing some larger pictures ??

If you like the Chrome look, you can also remove exhaust tips, sand with 600 then 1000 then 2000 wet sand paper, then buff to a chromed look. I finished mine on Saturday and they turned out great, now my Tunnel, Rails and exhaust tips all look chrome...BBY

Waaaay too much time on your hands BBY :shock: . Want to do mine :D. Actually the exhaust tips sound like a good idea. That wouldnt take too long, maybe. Need to see some pics when Mr. Sled gets the pic postings rolling. Just glad to be able to talk to each other again. Willing to wait for the pic posts.

Fox, Ill try to get some pics over lunch today. Let me know your email and ill send them that way. The tips took maybe 1 1/2 hours total, so not a big deal, especially is you have a hand held sander. As for the Rails and tunnel, thats another story. Tons of work...BBY

BBY looking at the first pic the tips look great but it is not until you look at the last pic that the effort put into your tunnel and tips makes it worth while. Thats amazing :shock: . I do not think it would look right unless every thing was done the way you did it. Nicely done BBY. Did you strip done your sled to do this (take off the seat, exhaust covers, side covers, foot board traction bracket,etc) :?:

Thanks fox. It was alot of work, but well worth the efforts. I polished the tunnel as soon as the sled was new. I didnt install the traction brackets until afterwards. And yes, i removed the plastic on the back, but not the seat to do this. Its just very time consuming...BBY

I chucked my tips up in the lathe, sanded then polished with Mothers after that I painted the screw recess with semigloss black. The bumper is also polished on mine. Tunnel polishing will be a summer project as BBY's tunnel looks most excellent.

Back