• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

exhaust

nytronympho

Does anybody know if it hurts the motor to run it while you have the muffler or pipe off -- just like a straight pipe-- I had heard that its not good for the motor any truth to this????

i took out this from my stock muffler,so the exhaust is almost going straight trough, and i got a much better sound too

Attachments

• nytro potte innmat.JPG
    nytro potte innmat.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 64
this is the pipe that you see when you look inside the muffler from behind,sort of.
I cutted it in 2 about 1inch from the backside,cut this of and welded it back together,took me maybe 30 minits or so, i shall try to draw what the exhaust looks like

this is a pic that someone posted earlier in the year,sorry i cant remember your name but i thanked you before on this issue,your pic showed me where i was to make my attack on the quiet problem,the right side top is the "in" side and the bottom left is the "out" side

Attachments

• gutted nytro muffler.jpg
    gutted nytro muffler.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 85
how loud did it get? I like this idea more than putting a aftermarket exhaust on there, will look completely stock so i can't get a stupid ticket. I just want it to be a little louder, as loud as my friends 06 attak would be great

it got a little louder ,maybe like the 06 attack,difficult to say, i can try to take a sound test
i can drive here without the muffler if i want to, we dont get a ticket because of the sound or looks....

I bought a muffler from a 08 nytro and it wasnt welded inside,just had to pull it off when i had it cutted in 2, so now i have the stock IF my wife think its too loud to replace it with, and it was MUCH cheaper than buying an aftermaked muffler LaLaLa LaLaLa LaLaLa

You could always drill holes in that pipe instead of removing it, that would be less noise, but a tad more than stock.

Back