• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Expert X owner opinions?

dsimonRX1

Pro
Website
www.american-iowa.com
Read the reviews on the expert X, but would like to here from some
RX1 owners with miles on this suspension. Don't want to lose top end/acceleration, but would definitely like to improve ride quality.
Price doesn't bother me, how the suspension performs is most
important. Thanks

From what I have read it's the skid to get for all around improvement. Ask jts, he has one. But them again, he has a post on here complaing about the trails being ruined so that makes me wonder how much better it really is :? If it was me, I would put your money into a 136 inch skid. The longer skid will ride better and allow you to also dump that crap track and still come in for less money than an expert X.

Not as plush as a m-10 but I wanted it for performance & that is exactly what i got. It weighs 11.5 pounds less then the yammie skid & weight transfer is phenomanal. I lost no top speed & I can run my track amazingly loose & there is no ratcheting what so ever. It takes me 2 minutes to change the skid from a great trail set up to a drag race setting. In combination with 1.9 straight rate maxximum front springs it is a blast to ride!

Turk, did you experience any track slap/tunnel damage
running that loose, or did you ad additional tunnel
protection? I do alot of high speed lake runs/drag races
with 2 F7's and do not want to lose any top end! Also,
was it a dramtically better ride than the pro-action?

I love my Expert. You can get it in 136 lenght as well. My brother just installed a 136 X in his sled. I will post what I think about his 136 after the 1st of the year.

I get no track slap & I run it stupid loose. Last year I ran 1" 32 pound 1" polaris track with 24/38 gearing. This year i run 36.5 pound 9818 with 24/40 gearing. I can,t believe it but top end is identical....my bud was real surprised too. Run toe to toe with a ported SRX all the way!!!!

Put a 136 ripsaw/expert x in this year. This suspension is unreal. The track is sloppy loose, sled will now coast to a stop without the overly tight Yamaha track drag. Weight transfer is adjusted with a simple knob and can go from skis way in the air to stuck to the groud in seconds. No track slap, no loss in top end. Unless something drastic changes in factory suspensions I will never again be without a Boivin suspension in my main ride.

Got it from Joel Schneider Service in Albany,MN.320-845-4856. We turned the shaft spacers down 1/8 inch and mounted the plates on the inside of the tunnel for a nice clean install. Mounting wasn't real bad, just alot of rivets and accurate measuring. When I got done I put my proaction into my Vmax4. Call and ask for Joel and he will give you a good deal.

I love my Expert X. Good ride, great weight xfer, superiour handling and easy to adjust. The only complant would be the shocks need a little more rebound controll over the larger bumps (the rear end kicks harder than I like) Overall a good investment on a great sled 8)

I too love my expert. I had the shocks revalved and took the ride to even another level. Transfer is incredible and install is a breeze with a air rivet gun. I too bought mine from Joel Schnieder, he is a great guy to deal with and will give you a great price. :D SinjinRX1

Expert X owners opinion ?

sinjinrx1, Who revalved your expert shocks ?My Expert kicks hard on the really big bumps and would like to slow down the rebound but have not talked to anyone who has revalved these shocks.
Thanks

Back