• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra Fuel tanks on a XTX..NO ROOM!!

Erickson

Does anyone know a way to carry extra fuel tanks on a stock xtx?..I really dont wana take the brake light off but im afraid that might be the only solution..Anyone have a some advice???

1. Trail Tank (extra 3 gallons)
2. Saddle bag/tanks on the rear, their is a pair on E-Bay right
now if you want to check them out. (Extra 3 gallons).
3. Over the tank saddle bags (unknown quantity)

Koeckman said:
1. Trail Tank (extra 3 gallons)
2. Saddle bag/tanks on the rear, their is a pair on E-Bay right
now if you want to check them out. (Extra 3 gallons).
3. Over the tank saddle bags (unknown quantity)
4. Tour Buddy

Add a rack and you can carry whatever you want. My stock tail light remains untouched and visible. The rack is mounted on top of 1 1/4" square tube to provide clearance.

t_003_113.jpg

t_005_156.jpg

stewartb said:
Add a rack and you can carry whatever you want. My stock tail light remains untouched and visible. The rack is mounted on top of 1 1/4" square tube to provide clearance.

What brand is that rack?..Ive looked all over the internet and i cant seem to find one. :o|

relocate the tail lamp and put the can back there. the doo cans work well. even come with mounting hardware. here's pics with and without under tunnel exhaust. can be done both ways if you are clever enough. these are both mtx's but with a tail lamp relocation you can run them on the xtx's i would imagine. ski

Attachments

• 100_1429.JPG
    100_1429.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_1430.JPG
    100_1430.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_4491.jpg
    100_4491.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 100_4487.jpg
    100_4487.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 397
Skidooboy, Where did you get that yamaha light on the last two pictures?

Back