• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX 146 extra idler wheels for excessive slide wear thoughts and advice please

VyperNation

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Winder XTX LE 146
18 Winder XTX SE 137
--past sleds--
18 Viper LTX DX
(2) 06 Apex RTXs
99 Vmax 500
I was wondering if anyone with a 146 has added an extra set of wheels to the suspension to help with excessive slide wear. My stock slides are toast at only 1100 miles. Yes, I have been using the scratchers that came with the sled stock. I have Duponts on order which I know will help, but am giving serious thought to adding a set of wheels to help additionally. Its only past half way back, the front half of the slides look great. Thanks as always.

DuPont’s will fix your issue. I added rear wheels but found it didn’t turn as well on the trail or off trail with my 146” SRX TD 300+HP so I removed them and was much happier after trying them for several trips

Is it just one area, or all along the slide?
What type are the scratchers? I think the cable scratchers properly adjusted are superior to the type I think came on your sled.

Is it just one area, or all along the slide?
What type are the scratchers? I think the cable scratchers properly adjusted are superior to the type I think came on your sled.
Its the back half of both slides. Starts about half way back, gets to its worst at about 3/4 of the way back, then gets a bit better as it gets closer to the rear wheels.

As for the stock scratchers, its the long stiff wire/spring type as pictured below.

Last season I had reached out to One Rig Design to see if had any plans to develop a no drill mount for the 146s so that I could at least run a scratcher I could back up with (I run his mount and the ski doo scratchers on my 137), but alas, he does not.

Attachments

• 61UXYQzyuPL._AC_SL1200_.jpeg
    61UXYQzyuPL._AC_SL1200_.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 80
I would get the cable type unless you don't have reverse..I forgot 1 TIME WITH THE WIRE SPRING TYPE AND BENT THEM BEYOND REPAIR!!!!DUMB DESIGN THERE!!Cable ones are superior and you can leVe them down %100 of riding time!!!

I would get the cable type unless you don't have reverse..I forgot 1 TIME WITH THE WIRE SPRING TYPE AND BENT THEM BEYOND REPAIR!!!!DUMB DESIGN THERE!!Cable ones are superior and you can leVe them down %100 of riding time!!!
Yeah...... I am on my second set in about as many trips for the same darn reason. I and a buddy tried the cable style last season (on my 137 and his 144 assault). They beat up our rails pretty bad and he had one rip out. I have been very leery since.

Skidoo makes scratchers ,rail ice scratchers , google, a coil spring with a long part doing the scratching, you can back up no problem, the cable keeps moving and doesn’t do krap on ice.

Last edited:
Skidoo scratchers will work but the best for snow spray is what came on it. Yes you may possibly bend one on occassion if not careful but not really an issue for me personally as I only ise reverse a couple of times a winter at best. Weird your having excessive slide wear though, my xtx had 6000+ miles when I sold it on original slides . I find they wear quick in a few areas and then stay there forever.

Back