• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Feedback on Rev vs RTX

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 RX1 13 apex se 96 vmax 4 aerocharged
Anyone know how these sleds compare to each other ?

I have had 2 Revs in the past.
A 03 800 X and a 04 800 HO XPS.
Now on a 06 RTX and ill tell you its a blast.
Others say they feel the weight of the RTX I dont .
Sled rails much better than either rev I had.
I have Simmons skis on it and im sure this is much better than the stock skis.
Gas milage is way better than the 800's and no oil usage at all.
No more stink , but Ill warn you if you come up on a 2 stroke riding the 4 stroke you will notice a smell you never noticed before.
You will then wonder why you didnt do this long ago.

The best part is you can roost your g/f or wife really good with the RTX , Not like I do it on purpose ( Yea right)

Scott

I personally dont liek the locked in feel of the Rev, that probabally has to be my biggest problem with it, while not owning one, and it looks like a great big 2L coke bottle because there is so much plastic on it, it looks so cheap its unbeleivable. The locked in thing is liek f you were to upset the sled, lets say going over a snowbank or off the trail, you cant really jump off. You will have to sit on one to understand what im saying. But maybe thats the point of the cheap plastic look, I wouldnt feel bad rolling a rev as it looks so cheap anyways, not liek the yamaha where I would be worried so much.

I rode with a REV last year & we switched one time on the trails, It handled pretty well and there seemed to be power but, we were in some tight trails so I couldn't hold it WFO to see all of the power, but the one thing I really hated was that when I was sitting or standing while riding I felt like I was gonna go over the bars. Needless to say 5 miles later I was back on my RTX...

I was planning on getting an Apex to replace my Viper and another sled to replace my wifes Arctic Pantera.
I found a killer deal on a '06 Rev GTX ( Doo's touring model) for my wife. Paid just over 6k otd.
After putting on 300 miles myself I couldn't beleive how much faster and more comfortable I was on the GTX. You sit about 5 or so inches further back than on a standard Rev. ( probably similiar to an Apex)
My buddy has an 03 Rev that scared me in the corners. But the updates Doo made to the 06's are incredible. No ski lift in the corners and awsome in the nastiest trail junk I could find.
No I'm not sure what I want to do for my sled. I can save some serious $$ going with another GTX.

You sit the same on any REV, but the 06's handle very very well. Probably the best handling sled on the snow right now.

I rode the 06s last spring.. and want all that impressed.. the do eat the junk very well.. but all the abuse goes threw the handle bars and into the riders arms.. I rode both a 800 GSX and a 600 SS.. i did like the 136 better.. wasnt as squirly.. but i wouldnt trade my gt for either of them. . not to mention the noise and smell..

Revs feel cheap in comparison when riding.. id rather have a firecat..

WISYAMMI said:
I can save some serious $$ going with another GTX.
Sure you can save $$ on the purchase price but you need to look over the longhaul (unless you update every few years). Injector oil for starters. Then how long before engine work is needed.
What's the old saying; You can pay me now or you can pay me later :ORC

I dont know what happened to my heading , but I was asking about Brad Story's turbo Rev compared to an RXTurbo. I hear it runs stronger than most RX1 turbo's.

MightyRTX said:
WISYAMMI said:
I can save some serious $$ going with another GTX.
Sure you can save $$ on the purchase price but you need to look over the longhaul (unless you update every few years). Injector oil for starters. Then how long before engine work is needed.
What's the old saying; You can pay me now or you can pay me later :ORC

I guess it part of it depends on the motor your dealing with. I have the 500SS motor. Very little oil useage and very durable and great mpg.
You need to consider the entire package..not just the motor.
The storage space on my GTX is much more than on the Apex. I take my passenger seat off, lose 22 lbs. and have a huge space available. ( I enjoy packing a bag and touring)
The durablility of the SOME of the mechanicals I believe is better on the Doo. I have checked out some used Apex's with around 1000 miles with tons of play in the steering. Have not seen that on the Doo's. I am also not worrying about any chaincase issues.
I guess you can make a positive and neg. list for both brands.
If I had the cash to spend. I would love to have an Apex properly set up ( better ski's, better steering bushings etc.)
But for guys like me on a tight budget that enjoy aggressive riding (bang-for-the-buck). The Doo is a better choice for me. ;)!

the 500 ss is an execption... it will last atleast 10,000 miles... almost every one of them.. talked to a deaerl about them.. best rentel they have..

but its no 800 or 1000 either..

Back