• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally - Look Ou Weenie Roast Here I Come

Yamadog

Lifetime Member
Just got the call from Allen Ulmer the 14 is done!!!!!!!!! It has been 2-1/2 yrs since I last saw my 1st Viper and actually thought I would never see it again!

I will be making the drive to Meno SD on Wednesday to pick her up then leaving for Bergland on lake, Gogebic.
early Thursday for 2 days of testing Prior to driving down to Cable WI for the weenie roast on Saturday. From what I know about it the Weenie roast has a 660 ' shaved ice track. There will be speed runs in the morning sessions and then ice drags in the afternoon. There is also a snow track for grudge match racing up to 4 sleds at a time! I just hope this warm up does not kill it like in years past.

I will post pictures of the beast sitting low down to the ground with a 3" open exhaust exiting the hood on the right side. With it this warm my cameras should work so I will be shooting video also.

Here are a few pics he just sent me

Body Work.jpg
Intercoller.jpg
Long Side View.jpg
Long Side View.jpg
Rear side View.jpg

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 225
Sweet. Got a group of us coming up. Trail riding Friday (if there's any snow left) and at races Sat. Speed runs are 1000' and drags are 660'. Good luck!

Its getting soupy out there but Testing on Thursday & Friday Race Day Saturday:sled2:

Allen testing stutter settings and has skid installed.

I have a guess as to what stutter is and an idea about how it might be done but no idea what those numbers might mean. Any body have the time to briefly explain, I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve. Thanks.

You better check the vinn number. Just joking. Sounds amazing good luck. My brother is up there with a group of cats since Sunday. Here is some pics from yesterday
ECE3CCE0-62FD-461A-A645-266CC4AF5D7F.jpeg
24AA78B3-EDD0-4991-B443-C3D603828256.jpeg

stutter is control through the PC"V" controller and allows you to raise the revs to just under clutch engagement to spool the turbo. That is the popping noise just before he pins the throttle the RPMs are being restrained and the fuel is not all being burned thus the popping and flames out of the exhaust.

From a idle start I am leaving with probably 160 hp max, with the revs at 3500 rpms I am probably closer 1/2 way to the wide open throttle HP at launch or in the ball park 250 ish hp, under load and at WOT I was hoping to get close to the 400 HP threshold. Over a year ago he did a track dyno pull that translated from track hp ( which is lower) to crank hp at about 365.

You better check the vinn number. Just joking. Sounds amazing good luck. My brother is up there with a group of cats since Sunday. Here is some pics from yesterdayView attachment 138626 View attachment 138627

Nice I know the Vin # on that one I spring checked it in 13 and rode the balls out of it for 2 yrs till this started.

I am hoping the trails hold up for one more 2 day trail burn on the 15 and then Saturday burns on both the 14 and the 15 in 2 different classes.

Back