• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First ride on a turbo! OMG!!!

IMG_4126.JPG
But when the 850 Doo guy patted his sled on the hood, the bulkhead cracked.

Our sleds are definitely not dialed in for the short race. And the Sidewinder is not the quickest sled around. But I didn't buy mine to run 600'. Don't even care a little.
850 pulled winder by three. Poor little winder didn't have the nuts to get past him in the short race. 600'? Guessing.

So, if I cared I'd loosen the strap, take off the transfer blocks and see how it goes. Might have brought it to within one +/-.

My 1200 runs side by side with the 850....Now my 1200 has all the bolt on goodies, and is a rocket. But I got out today with my Buds new Assault and same thing, Side by side with the assault, neither sled could out run the other. So I am happy with where I got my slow 130hp 4tec to. Runs with all the new 2s 800s.

And there is no way i hell my 1200 will run with a SW....Stock the SW might not hit super hard down low, but I cannot see how any 850 would stay with one past 1000ft. For us we race til one sled wins, we race on large lakes....not in tiny fields.

Riding the 850 it feels like a 340 compared to the pull of a SW turbo....Same old conversation, just different site. 850 is great for trails, jumps,powder,and all that type riding. But its not fast, It might do 116-117 GPS if all is perfect. Stock SW will run over 120 when all is perfect, and will run into the 130s with a few quick bolts ons....you will never see any 2s running into 130s without massive work done.

Dan

I've had the chance to ride both the SW and 850 and in stock form. Also had the chance to run the 850 against a SW and can tell you that after about 3/4 mile run the SW had a good 6 lengths on me and was gaining ground. The SW on a solid lake bed with studs ran 119 on gps and I want to say the speedo showed 124 but I will admit I wasn't looking down too much. Same day same lake bed the 850 without studs hit 113 on GPS and the speedo was right around 120. I've ridden a lot of sleds and can honestly say the SW pulls harder from stand still to balls to the wall than any stock sled I have been on.

I've had the chance to ride both the SW and 850 and in stock form. Also had the chance to run the 850 against a SW and can tell you that after about 3/4 mile run the SW had a good 6 lengths on me and was gaining ground. The SW on a solid lake bed with studs ran 119 on gps and I want to say the speedo showed 124 but I will admit I wasn't looking down too much. Same day same lake bed the 850 without studs hit 113 on GPS and the speedo was right around 120. I've ridden a lot of sleds and can honestly say the SW pulls harder from stand still to balls to the wall than any stock sled I have been on.
exactly what I found....but the 850 guys think their 2s is 120+mph sled on GPS...LOL, while in reality its only 1 or 2mph faster then the 16 800etec.....the SW destroys all those 800 2s sleds stock, and a tune will make them look like they are holding the brakes on. Fun sleds no doubt, but for speed the 2s is never gonna be super fast.

And I'll add that the SW was a L-TX-DX so a 137 compared to a 129. I want to say he had 146 studs on the SW. With that much HP the studs don't slow it down as much as others. The conditions were just about perfect for a speed run with just a little hard pack snow on top of the ice so I am pretty confident I got all it had. Without the studs I am guessing speed would have been somewhere around 122 or 123 with nothing left in it.

Everyone is showing speeds of close to 120 in perfect conditions and either mine had something wrong or I'm missing something. Me and my bud both bought 129s. Mine is an Le his an se. We ran fri before the accident and I was seeing 108 on speedo. My bud was about. 2 sled lengths faster but I weigh about 100 lbs more. He gained two sled lengths midrange and top end was even no gain. Conditions were couple inches of hard packed snow. Kind of like concrete. I realize I'm was running a 230 hp boosted cat last season but my sled was slow compared to my xf9000. I truly love the motor but in stock form it's just ok. My buddies kid has a 2012 129 turbo with same setup as my xf had and out of the whole the Sidewinder hangs with it but mid and top end he just walks away. My buds boosted stage one Skidoo 1200 is identical to the Sidewinder. I was hoping to keep the Sidewinder stock but unless something changes this sled is slower than my xf with just an exhaust. I guess hp is hp. My sled get to 80 in a pinch but then lays down after that and struggles. On my xf9000 I could pull 118 to 120 with eas. If my sleds not totaled I will be boosting it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is showing speeds of close to 120 in perfect conditions and either mine had something wrong or I'm missing something. Me and my bud both bought 129s. Mine is an Le his an se. We ran fri before the accident and I was seeing 108 on speedo. My bud was about. 2 sled lengths faster but I weigh about 100 lbs more. He gained two sled lengths midrange and top end was even no gain. Conditions were couple inches of hard packed snow. Kind of like concrete. I realize I'm was running a 230 hp boosted cat last season but my sled was slow compared to my xf9000. I truly love the motor but in stock form it's just ok. My buddies kid has a 2012 129 turbo with same setup as my xf had and out of the whole the Sidewinder hangs with it but mid and top end he just walks away. My buds boosted stage one Skidoo 1200 is identical to the Sidewinder. I was hoping to keep the Sidewinder stock but unless something changes this sled is slower than my xf with just an exhaust. I guess hp is hp. My sled get to 80 in a pinch but then lays down after that and struggles. On my xf9000 I could pull 118 to 120 with eas. If my sleds not totaled I will be boosting it for sure.

Best I've got so far on 137 LTX-LE is 108 on speedo. Got there in a hurry, but wasn't seeming to climb any further. I have 423 miles on it. Bone stock everything. I am wondering the same as you. Is this all it has stock? Or is coil bind taking place?

my first ride on a SW was at hauck performance in rice lake WI, it was one they are using for testing and tuning. it has their 240 flash, clutching, and exhaust, i was very impressed with it. was the fastest sled i have ever ridden. any one want to but a turbo kit for a viper? mines going up for sale soon!

Best I've got so far on 137 LTX-LE is 108 on speedo. Got there in a hurry, but wasn't seeming to climb any further. I have 423 miles on it. Bone stock everything. I am wondering the same as you. Is this all it has stock? Or is coil bind taking place?

My guess is these big speeds are no studs or 1.325 studs. My sled is studded with 1.50 and 180 so no track spin.

My guess is these big speeds are no studs or 1.325 studs. My sled is studded with 1.50 and 180 so no track spin.

Forgot to add I'm studded with 144 down the middle. 1.325
:(

Now that is funny,my 08 800 xpx doo was studded and on glare ice best gps speed was 113 and speedo was 120 also,my sons sw se w/144 down the middle did 122 and 123 and he saw 125 flashed once on hard pack snow,so they are fast all stock as well as modded.

550miles now. Last fill up 16.33mpg. sleds running so good. Making appointment for 500mile service.

I'll feel ALOT better getting all fuild changed, bolts checked out, etc. etc.

The gearing and horsepower should propel your Sidewinder to an estimated 120mph. Weight & conditions will be crucial!

I've been to 110mph. Pulled back cause conditions weren't going to allow 120....

My goal is 120 stock. I can't see jumping to the stage 1 or whatever if I can't get mine to do what it is designed to do, in stock form.

So, with that said. Going to get service done. Make pulls and come back on forum and see what's up.

I think most aren't pulling 120mph top speed. But the fact that some have, is enough for me to set a goal to achieve.

550miles now. Last fill up 16.33mpg. sleds running so good. Making appointment for 500mile service.

I'll feel ALOT better getting all fuild changed, bolts checked out, etc. etc.

The gearing and horsepower should propel your Sidewinder to an estimated 120mph. Weight & conditions will be crucial!

I've been to 110mph. Pulled back cause conditions weren't going to allow 120....

My goal is 120 stock. I can't see jumping to the stage 1 or whatever if I can't get mine to do what it is designed to do, in stock form.

So, with that said. Going to get service done. Make pulls and come back on forum and see what's up.

I think most aren't pulling 120mph top speed. But the fact that some have, is enough for me to set a goal to achieve.

Good to hear your sled is running good. Can't beat 16 mpg! For me I've had more power so I figured being close would be ok. The great part about more power is that conditions don't really matter that much. Usually run 120 but it gets there that much quicker. Without the extra power conditions are everything. No right or wrong answer but you read all over that these sleds in the right conditions will do 120 and unless mine is a dud I don't see that happening. Our lake was smooth hard and fast. Except for the ice shove!!!! I probably held it 2 miles against my buddies Sidewinder and 108 was it. I broke mine in hard as well. His was about the same except a little quicker mid range. Still loving the sled. Looks like we are going to get some snow tomorrow. My guess is since my sled is down the conditions will surely improve for everyone!

Back