• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fix Power Sports Wheels

dirkdiggler

Suspended
I bought a set of Wheels for me Nytro RTX SE from Fix. The problem is I can't get the track adjusted so without at least one of the outside wheels rubbing the track. Has anyone installed these?

This is the set that goes in the middle of the skid and it has three wheels on it.

I installed two mid wheel kits on my sled - the ones with only two wheels and didn't notice any rubbing. They came with a spacer instead of the middle wheel. Only thing I can think of is maybe the thickness of the bearing for the center wheel is slightly wider than the spacer that came with mine.

ralger said:
I installed two mid wheel kits on my sled - the ones with only two wheels and didn't notice any rubbing. They came with a spacer instead of the middle wheel. Only thing I can think of is maybe the thickness of the bearing for the center wheel is slightly wider than the spacer that came with mine.

Can you tell me how long the center spacer is?

My sled is curently parked outside, it is 3 degrees out and full of snow and ice. I might be able to measure it for you in a couple of days after I get it home and thawed out.

If it is rubbing on the outside of the wheels, you can adjust for that. There are aluminum sleeves over the shaft that keep the wheels spaced apart. Just grind the sleeves down to fit. If they are rubbing on the inside of the outer wheels, a washer could be added between the sleeve and bearing. You may need to compensate the overall length to fit betwen the rails properly. I had found my overall length was a little too tight and ground the sleeves down a little so it didn't put too much pressure on the rails.

Did you install the wheels on the inside of the rails? I installed mine on the outside of the rails and have had no problems after 5000 kms.

Attachments

• Fix Wheel kit.JPG
    Fix Wheel kit.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 56
ralger said:
If it is rubbing on the outside of the wheels, you can adjust for that. There are aluminum sleeves over the shaft that keep the wheels spaced apart. Just grind the sleeves down to fit. If they are rubbing on the inside of the outer wheels, a washer could be added between the sleeve and bearing. You may need to compensate the overall length to fit betwen the rails properly. I had found my overall length was a little too tight and ground the sleeves down a little so it didn't put too much pressure on the rails.
I did the same thing grinded it down a bit so they fit nice and snug

Back