• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found Bolt??? Help Identify - PROBLEM SOLVED!

Vmax4

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 FXNytro MTX 162 SE with a 270 hp MCX Turbo and assorted goodies!
Pulled my side panel on the right side of the sled and found this little bolt with captured washer floating around at the bottom
of the right side bottom belly pan........

Looks to be a 8 mm head w/ philips inside and is about an inch in length.....

Any clue what or where it could have come from? Gotta love mysteries..............

EDITED 1/31/2013: AS SUGGESTED LATER IN THIS THREAD, IT WAS THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE REVERSE BEEPER IN PLACE!!!! NOT A CRATE BOLT. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00431[1].JPG
    DSC00431[1].JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00432[1].JPG
    DSC00432[1].JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 68

Just thought...... could it be a bolt from the air box mount????

I have an MCXrpess turbo on it, so possibly a lost bolt from that air box removal?

just checked my other nytro...... NOT THAT AIR BOX BOLT!

It's a crate bolt from when it was shipped. Someone must of dropped it when they were uncrating the sled for prep.
Unless they are using similar bolts to hold something else.
I have a whole box of crate bolts in my shop I've collected from building units over the years

copo427ss said:
It's a crate bolt from when it was shipped. Someone must of dropped it when they were uncrating the sled for prep.
I have a whole box of crate bolts in my shop I've collected from building units over the years

Ive never seen a Yamaha with a crate bolt like that...

copo427ss said:

x2 sled hardware is anodized

It doesn't look like a crate bolt like I have seen before......

Also, 1600 miles on the sled..... just did an oil change in December...... just fell out........

I can't find anything like it on the parts breakdown, or when looking at another nytro.......

any other ideas?

bolt

It looks like the bolt that bolts the side cover to the floor boad.

I have crate bolts that look exactly like that with the philips end. I have gold ones, green looking coated ones, silver ones. I have taken crates apart that had different colored and different sized heads on them in the same crate. Those guys or girls aren't to particular about what they are grabbing for when they crate up. He'll lol I had a Polaris seat off doing a warranty repair and someone had a mural covering the entire tunnel underneith the seat of mountains and trees all done with the different color paint markers they use to mark the bolts with. Craziest thing I've ever seen

The backup alarm has a small bolt like that holding it in place. A few years back it was common to find the bolt in the belly off the sled.

Back