• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found that coolant leak in the Warrior

kinghooker

Well I finally got tired of feeding the machine coolant and took it into the dealer with 3700km on it. I called the next day and he said the seal went in my water pump hence why it would leak intermitently. Guess where that water pump is.... on the bottom of the engine and guess how you get at the ***** thing. My dealer said I had to come take a look at it, the thing is totally striped apart for an o-ring that went. Yamaha's covering it no problem new o-ring impeller and shaft plus the 10 hours labour or so. Just thought I let the TY team know what's up. The other thing I should be picking it up tomorrow, that's why I bought a Yamaha SERVICE.

Did it leak enough coolant to drip from the bottom of the sled? How often were you filling it? I've filled mine a few times but didn't think anything of it.

The machine started to leak 3100km with the warmer weather small spots would show up on the snow and the tank would be drop down to non or below line sometimes but the temp light would never come on. I could go for a ride with the coolant topped off and return with it normal and store it to find the coolant tank was empty when I went to take it out the next trip. The water pump is located in the bottom left front corner from the drivers seat so it would drip down onto the removalable plate and run to the clutch side underneath never in large quantities. I went from no problems with the coolant to adding to it for just about every trip but only as much as the tank would hold. Hope that helps

Back