• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replaced stator now water pump leak

Dynomax666

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex
Coolant leak at water pump

This phazer is really kicking my butt. Got the stator working great hart to use gasket maker got things fired up thought it was good then the code 33 mystery solved to a bad wire at the injector.

Fired up worked great when it warmed up I find a coolant leak. Mind went to the stator cover but that’s right and dry no oil leaking. Then I remembered the water pump has an oring that seals it when you bolt it on with three bolts after cover is in place. Would it be possible I damaged that oring upon reinstallation? Should that be replaced each time? No oil in water and no water in oil so I think cover is tight.

Coolant leak at water pump

This phazer is really kicking my butt. Got the stator working great hart to use gasket maker got things fired up thought it was good then the code 33 mystery solved to a bad wire at the injector.

Fired up worked great when it warmed up I find a coolant leak. Mind went to the stator cover but that’s right and dry no oil leaking. Then I remembered the water pump has an oring that seals it when you bolt it on with three bolts after cover is in place. Would it be possible I damaged that oring upon reinstallation? Should that be replaced each time? No oil in water and no water in oil so I think cover is tight.
Ok. Got this one figured out. The water pump halves are held together with two Jis screws which is probably fine when new or left assembled. I found a ton of corrosion some pitting and grit in and around the gasket. Installation is three additional colts through the pump and crank case cover. When removed the halves of the pump can actually flex a bit. With the success of the right stuff gasket maker on the crank case cover I cleaned the pump up and used gasket maker. Problem solved. The old gasket has so much build up on it and feels brittle I tried cleaning but was difficult and not sure even a new one would work as well as the gasket maker

Back