• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fourth wheel?

I did it because of all the hard pack trails we run. Seems to apply torque more evenly and definitley allows better tensioning of the track, plus for the $25.00 for the wheel why not. Don'y buy the kit just buy the wheel and cut your long spacer that'a already in there.

what are the measurments of that wheel and where you getting it?
thanks Brian

A stock wheel is only $25.00. Pull your rear axle and measure the medium inside spacer against the long spacer, and cut it. Now you have 2 inside spacers. Then from the remaining long spacer measure I believe 13-15 mm (double check with Verniers which is the thickness of the wheel bearing race) and cut that off. You should have outside wheel, short spacer,washer and rail, washer and medium spacer, wheel, long spacer, wheel, medium spacer, washer and rail, washer and short spacer and then the outside wheel.
[]=|==[]===[]==|=[]
I use a pipe cutter it's clean and accurate. It's easier than you think and cheaper too. Good luck !

I always recommend people run 4 wheels. Breaking off a outside wheel and not having an inside wheel on that side can result in a ton of damage if your track grabs your track tensioner/rail. I'm not saying it can't still grab it if you 4 wheels, but its definitely going to make it more difficult. Its cheap insurance.

mmollema said:
I was wondering if the 4th wheel is a big advantage or a necessary upgrade. Just wanted some feedback. Thanks

It should be standard on all sleds, a must...

Back