• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fox floats on rx-1

I looked and they only have the 03-to 05 Mountain listed that is the new fox float 3 not sure on 1st and 2nd generations

Attachments

• Fox Float 3 applications.jpg
    Fox Float 3 applications.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 169
whats the diff? any idea,,,,they have to be longer i bet,,,i thought i heard the 06 nytro shock would work but looked it seems to be same part number as apex shocks which i think are longer,

I believe the A arms are shorter on the mtn to give it more rollover causing the shock to be shorter

As I recall, RX 1 , Apex, Vector, Rage, Warrior, Attak, Early Nitro all the same length. 16.5 " Centre to Centre.

Mtn. versions are different as stated above.

RX1 shocks eye to eye are 17.5. The FX Nytro Floats will work as well as some Arctic Cat M series shocks. Apex/Vector are 16.5.

08 and up Nytros, not sure of the Cats. I bought a set of ebay from a cat several years ago. The listing had the measurements. You would need the bushing kit for Yamaha to make them work.

Looking to install FOX FLOAT R EVOL YAMAHA FX NYTRO RTX/XTX ('08-'13), MTX ('12-'13), MTX-SE ('10-'11), 17.5"

These should fit and work on rx-1??

i wonder if the evol cannister will hit lower arm,,the spring on stock shock is very close,,,,evol's have to be mounted with chamber on bottom....

stephenk said:
I used a set of floats from an 06apex. They are an inch shorter but the rx1 seems to handle much better. Maybe helps the tippiness with the lower center of gravity.

That's true, I had a set for RS Nytro 16.5" on my 04 Warrior and they did work well also 13mm sway bar, It was very sensitive to pressure adjustments.

Back