• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front mount turbo carb question

Big-zig

Extreme
I have an '03 RX1 mtn and have just installed swain tech coated 10:1 pistons, Hauck turbo CDI with 4 deg advance at 4000 rpm, 4 degree retard at 9000 rpm and rev limiter removal. My question is this. I have this sled setup for 1000' elevation and have 135 mj's. The sled idles rough at 1500 rpm - it almost lopes - like it has a aggressive cam or something, it smooths out at high rpms but misfires if you quickly stab throttle, all of this is on a jack-stand because we have no snow. What are you guys running for mj's - 130's? what about fuel screw? thanks in advance. FYI - I had Hauck install pistons and there clutching setup for 12 psi boost.

You gotta get the sled warmed up real well before you stab the throttle. Running on a jack stand won,t cut it. They need a while to properly warm up; they will fart, belch & backfire. With CPR front mount Jeff recommends 130 mains.

Turk said:
You gotta get the sled warmed up real well before you stab the throttle. Running on a jack stand won,t cut it. They need a while to properly warm up; they will fart, belch & backfire. With CPR front mount Jeff recommends 130 mains.

I agree with Turk.

I haven't run it on snow yet to determine how well CDI works, in theory it should work well... Pat charges $500 for CDI.

Back