• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Frozen starter

Black rx1
When you say starter relay are you talking about one of the relays mounted in side the panel above your left foot (sitting on the sled, left foot). Or the relay mounted beside the battery on the battery bracket???
I ask because everyone is complaining about the relays above your foot giving them problems and my issue is not anything like the issues these guys are having. I can hear my fuel pump cycling.

the starter relay as far as i know is mounted beside the battery. how would you jump it??

It is still under warranty and if it continues to be an issue i will bring it to the dealer but i want to figure it out because i guarantee it won't have any problems starting once the dealed get his hands on it.

Thanks for your input

VT_Blu
Thanks for the input.
I did connect jumpers and tried to start it. it made absolutely no difference. the battery is strong.

Ya still under warranty. Dealer said he had not heard of anyone with starting issues and has no idea why mine would be acting up. (no surprise there) i bought the 4 year warranty so i am covered for a while. just need to find my warranty paperwork.

Best of luck in getting it resolved.
Be sure to post the eventual fix here - it may help someone else!

:rocks:

I had a 2003 RX-1 that had the same problem. Finally found out that my starter relay was bad. Replaced it at 1500 miles and it ran till 9200 miles with no problem

Thanks guys
I will try jumping the soleniod next time i have an issue.
Riding this weekend so i am hoping it won't start.
will post how i made out
Thanks again

PS - I cant believe i just said i hope my sled won't start

if it clicks just once when the key is turned its an open in the field of the starter ,the dreaded "bad spot" on the starter-the starter will need to be rebuilt or replaced
if it clicks rapidly when the key is turned its a low voltage problem{loose connection,poor ground,bad battery etc}

Back