• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel controller question

yamalube

Veteran
Is a fuel controller needed when you put just a exhaust on. i want to put a hauck slip on ny 09 xtx and i am kinda scared to get engine damage from having not enough fuel. and if anyone can tell me anything about co adjustments that would be great. and when you add a fuel controller is a o2 gauge needed or should the controller come ready with the right settings[/list]

A fuel controller is usually needed when doing a full exhaust change(header and muffler) and getting an intake mod. If your looking for hp, you should change the header. If I'm not mistaken just adding a muffler may lose you power because the stock header is so restrictive. I tried the co settings before my mods and honestly saw no change. When adding a fuel controller you must get a map to adjust for your mods and an A/f sensor is not needed but I'll be installing one to help fine tune for my mods. Hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in.

yamalube72 said:
Ya i just want a slip on for the sound lol not the performance. thank you for the feed back and should i be safe with just a slip on and no other engine mods without a fuel controller?
Don't worry, you'll be fine without a controller.

With just a slipon, a fuel controller is not required..you should be able to pick up 2-4hp...depends on what slipon though. You don't need an o2 sensor guage to run a fuel controller...it's a nice to have to monitor your A/F readings..but not a must have item..unless you are boosted or have more mods.

Just out of curiosity... I have an intake mod and have a mid-range "popping". Is that a real big issue? Or can that hurt the motor? I'm guessing it's a lean spot,correct? Will a controller clean that up? And does it (controller)add any hp with intake mod? Thx!

voglit said:
Just out of curiosity... I have an intake mod and have a mid-range "popping". Is that a real big issue? Or can that hurt the motor? I'm guessing it's a lean spot,correct? Will a controller clean that up? And does it (controller)add any hp with intake mod? Thx!
Is the popping on decell or accell? Deceleration popping is normal on these.

Its at a mid-range, steady, tight trail speed when I'm being easy on easing into the throttle. (tried to put into words best i could)

Back