• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel in my intercooler???

JD

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Venture TF-LE
Just pulled off the intercooler to change out oil and filter.....started smelling fuel...when I finally lifted off the intercooler, fuel started pouring out.....I figure there was at least half a cup in there.....My fuel pump is only on when the engine is running so it's not that.....any idea's??? Actually on my last ride I remember two times after starting the engine, it seemed to be flooding for a few seconds.....

On another note: I got real tired of pulling out the battery bracket to get to the oil filter....especially with all the extra stuff with the turbo....I snipped out a portion of that bracket...just enough to wiggle out the filter...There is still plenty of support for the battery....I kind of did a butcher job that I’m not that proud off, but I will clean it up in the off season...any way it sure made it a lot faster to R+R the oil filter.....

JD

Attachments

• copy_3843.jpg
    copy_3843.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 59

Float levels too high ? Debris caught in the needle and seat ? Fuel pressure set too high ? The list goes on and on.

JD said:
Come on now....someone must have an idea..... :-o

If you suck snow into your fuel pressure regulator (the boost compensation line to FPR comes from the intercooler) it will freeze the diaphram open and send your fuel pressure to the floats through the roof. Were you riding in a lot of powder snow, or following other sleds on the trail in the last few hours before this happened?

Pull the 4 screws out of the FPR and see if there is moisture in there. If there is, you need to look to your intake for the fix. Is the filter off, do you have a pre-filter on it etc...

Ok…..I have put on 1100 miles with the turbo, no problems and made no adjustments…..This was just all of a sudden……I do have a pre filter on the K&N filter…I will pull the top off the FPR and look for moisture…..One thought….I was actually riding pretty light on the throttle and it was a pretty warm day, if I was over jetted could this cause anything like this???? I am pretty sure my sled still has stock jetting….

Thanks guys…John

JD said:
Ok…..I have put on 1100 miles with the turbo, no problems and made no adjustments…..This was just all of a sudden……I do have a pre filter on the K&N filter…I will pull the top off the FPR and look for moisture…..One thought….I was actually riding pretty light on the throttle and it was a pretty warm day, if I was over jetted could this cause anything like this???? I am pretty sure my sled still has stock jetting….

Thanks guys…John

Jetting alone isn't going to cause this one.

Did you have it tipped on it's side any time durring the day? If so it will fill up you Intercooler pretty fast.

Ah ha....I did.....I had the left ski about 2 feet high for half and hour while I changed out my crankcase seal.....Thats likely why the fuel.....Thanks all for the help, again....JD

Back